Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

Can You Help Me With My Game ?

toomuchglass
17 years ago

It's not exactly a game ... but I'd like everybody's input ........ I want to print this out at the end and hang it in my craft room . Finish this sentence ....

YOU KNOW YOU ARE ADDICTED TO MOSAICS WHEN ........

my reply :

When you drop someone's good dishes and you BEG to clean it up ~~

Next !!!!!!!

Comments (112)

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

Yes, I graduated with my Master's from the school of Hard Knocks and now I'm working on my PHd!!!

• seaglassic
    16 years ago

clicking cat and PHD....OMG!....
    I thought I would fall out of this broken chair...lol

my poor 3 year old grandson is here, next to me..asking what's so funny!!!
    he keeps saying..."gramma..I'm hungry"

ok, just a second...just one more to read!

bad..this is so bad!...lol

Becky .(*_*).

and I know the printer is low on ink but just gotta print these out..

• seaglassic
    16 years ago

Skylab website?
    what's that about....
    when I typed in skylab dot com, I got a nude site....
    huh?..lol

Becky

• deborahmc52
    16 years ago

these are great

*when you stop at a vacant lot with a bag in hand (keep some at the ready) because you THOUGHT you saw a smashed mirror there..good find!
    Debbie

• texaswild
    16 years ago

SEA: Skylab is what Laurel Skye calls her studio, I believe. Google Laurel Skye mosaics. No time to give you a link right now.

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

bump for all the recent newbies, got any to add?
    I'm still giggling about the clicking cat!

• curbdiver1954
    16 years ago

It's 2AM....DH hears you murmuring "yes, yes, oh, you're perfect!" and realizes you're at the computer searching for glass!

Pat

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

mmmmmmmmmm, have you been in my house Curb? LOL

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

DD's yelling that she wants to get out of the tub and you yell back - that you'll wash her hair just as soon as you run out of thinset....

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

Clicking Cat!!! LOL!!!!

• rchovey
    16 years ago

When people you work with bring you their broken stuff (vases, dishes, etc) because they know you will use for a project!

Ramona

• PantherFL
    16 years ago

I'm hoping we have a picture of the clicking cat;)

These are great, and even though I haven't smashed my first dish, I can imagine the feeling just from reading all the replies, they're great!

• icheer
    16 years ago

When your husband wonders if the only way to get your attention is for him to wear a glass/tile thong :-)

When you find yourself hurridly burning the last of the candle because your want the container it's in to mosaic (Circle E Candles are PERFECT for GOG - check them out!)

You may have a problem with mosaics when you begin coveting your neighbors un-mosiac'd stepping stones.

• barbfrizzell1955
    16 years ago

Icheer, I especially like #1! LOL

• bamasusanna
    16 years ago

You seriously think of selling a kidney on ebay to pay for a mosaicing trip to Puerto Vallarta.

• diytrying
    16 years ago

..you take the microscopic piece of glass out of your foot and glue it on your project,blood and all....

• mmqchdygg
    16 years ago

Oh, yuk, you two!!!

Newbie checking in:
    When you work F/T and find any excuse (lunch, break, bank run) to stop at the new SA store down the street to check out what's new & exciting- and come away with a pile of SC dishes for a project that's just "on the list" but nowhere near being started yet.

• livnlife
    16 years ago

NEWBIE here...I am laughing so hard I can hardly stand it!!!
    You guys are TOO funny! This would make a GREAT book!
    Being a newbie and wanting so desperately to get started I guess I could add....
    You start knipping up your collection of glass blobs (cause you haven't been able to buy stained glass yet) and glueing them to little wooden objects you have had in your craft stash for years...just to make SOMETHING!

Here is a link that might be useful: my first

• mmqchdygg
    16 years ago

Hey! Those are neat! Are they baseball size? I want a paperweight!

• yellow-rose
    16 years ago

When your DH not only has to prepare his own meals but also has to prepare yours too! And then demand that you quit playing and come to eat before it gets cold!

• livnlife
    16 years ago

Yes, mmqchdygg...they are small 3-4' (?) baseball size styrofoam balls. I used the silicone to glue on and grouted...super easy and fun!

• bamasusanna
    16 years ago

Hey livn, neat balls!! WELCOME!!
    Someone here, I think it's chick is doing a bunch of them to display in a big glass jar.

• fiddlekate
    16 years ago

Wow... I like the apples, too! Are they on a styrofoam base, also?
    Katie

• livnlife
    16 years ago

Thanks guys! :) They were fun, easy first time beginner projects.

mmqchdygg...they would make great paperweights.

This site is the most fun I've had in a long time! (pretty sad, huh?)

Thanks for the welcome!

• livnlife
    16 years ago

Fiddlekate...THANKS! the apple is actually one piece of wood...an apple cutout...I did both sides...one red and the other side green. I didn't grout the apple...wasn't sure if I should...to grout or not to grout...:)
    I so appreciate all of the nice comments on my humble beginnings...
    CANT wait to do more!!! I'm hooked!
    Went to the TS Saturday....oh boy!!!...now I just need to get the nerve up to start breaking and knipping things!
    Such a newbie!

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

On a day out shopping with my girls, I promise our next stop is for groceries then we're home bound. Yet suddenly you're pulling off the road and telling them to sit tight for a sec.... while mommy goes back to the street to pick up all that beautiful mirror broken at the curb. (Oh yeah, I need to get that out the car!) LOL

• texaswild
    16 years ago

Now that's what I call ingenuity, LIVN - Never would have thought of using half globs entirely on a piece. BEAUTIFUL. Oh, where was I - the game. Mosaicing addict - when you rush your family out the door and even though you say "come back soon", you know your lying cuz you hope they don't come back for a loooooooooooooooong time so you can get back to mosaicing.

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

When everytime you mention Jane Hell, you mean: Day 36 of Jane can't go to her fav thrift store cuz she can't get thru the aisles in her wheel chair!!!

• bamasusanna
    16 years ago

Jane, do I need to send you some junk??

• deedlesmom
    16 years ago

When you are walking down the street in your work clothes and you see a construction guy pulling up tiles in an entryway of a downtown building and ask if you can have them. Seriously, he gave me a bucketful!!!
    Sheree

• emtnest
    16 years ago

When you go to HD and because they have a sale on grout they are discontinuing for $1 a bag, you buy every bag they have, knowing you will not in your lifetime use 5 huge bags of mauve grout!!!

• shrty411
    16 years ago

he he he , yep emtnest, you belong here, glad you found us LOL

MAria

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

Emtnest: YOU DEF ARE ONE OF US!!!!

• very_vintage
    16 years ago

When you realize you have been on the net for the last few hours reading old mosaic posts!!!!!!!!!!

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

Thought I'd have a giggle!!!! Bump

• texasfern
    15 years ago

When you dash across the street with a dust pan and broom and sweep up crash glass from the neighbors broken shower door!

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Without your teeth and in your jammies!

• ladyronnie
    15 years ago

When during your remodel you build your new craft room in line-of-sight to the store, so you can play while you watch for customers to come in (and you built the laundry room cleeeeeaaar on the other side of the house! I just realized how fortuitous that was! : D)

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

It's that time again to Bump this!!!!lol!hee hee hee!!!!

• nicethyme
    14 years ago

IT LIVES!!!!! lol

• addiesue
    14 years ago

You know you're a mosaicin' maniac when ......

Working on a project right up to the minute I had to leave, and then realizing OH NO I'm late, I grabbed my keys and dashed out the door to meet a best friend at Home Depot to help her pick out crown molding, not seeing her car (she's late also) I sit down on a bench outside the store to wait, and in passing, a little girl with her mommy hands me a dollar. I'm shocked and speechless...in a panic, I go back to my car, assess myself, and realize I too hadn't showered, brushed my hair (much less my teeth), was wearing my worst stained, siliconed, and ripped jeans and t-shirt, had BLACK stained HANDS and finger nails, AND to top it off, I had painted my laundry room that morning and some white paint must have dripped on the top of my head which, to a little girl, must have looked like bird doo doo...IÂm sure the little girl thought I was HOMELESS! I was mortified, determined I wasn't getting out of my car again except to go in to my house...I called my friend and told her I couldn't make it..sorry, something had came up. It was several weeks before I could tell her what REALLY happened. We laughed so hard I almost wet my pants....but I wasn't laughing when it happened.

Addiesue

• kraftkrazy
    14 years ago

you know you're a mosaicing maniac when...
    i was meeting a friends mother for the first time and when she walked up she handed me a gift box, which i thought was a little strange, but i thanked her politely and apologized for not getting her anything. she started laughing and told me to open the box. inside was several broken plates and tiles. my friend was horrified that her mother had given me a "broken" gift, and started apologizing. she had forgotten that she told her mom i did mosaics. i thought it was like christmas.

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

Addiesue: This mosaicing addiction can get VERY costly...you'll be wanting all the "donations" you can get!lol!!! Now You've givin' me an idea......I have a Home Depot in my town....

• calinromania
    14 years ago

... when all bad guys in a Mafia movie carry caulker guns!

• emtnest
    13 years ago

When you listen to the scanner just so you can chase accidents with your broom and dustpan. (I know, that's bad)

• texaswild
    13 years ago

When you have to start making mosaic sculptures for the gardens cuz all the walls are filled up w/mosaics. Hmmmmmm - now there is that fireplace still w/o a tile. Hmmmmmmmm.

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

Remember when I broke my leg and posted that picture of my cast and everybody took turns virtually "mosaicing" it?! That was sooo funny! I think a Mosaic tribute would be to mosaic a "clacking cat" to give to each other....like the frying pan mosaic exchange we did!ha!We could call it :Ode to Mosaicing

• nicethyme
    12 years ago

when the happiest day of your life is the Hobby Lobby grand opening in your area!!!!

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

Ohhh, now that is something!!!! Slow took me to Hobby Lobby and it RAWKED!!!!

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    12 years ago

OMG --- this post is still here !!!! I ROFL at all the replies - this was the best post -- ever :)
    I remember how we laughed at your cast ,Jane - it was just soooo bare -You're lucky you weren't forcibly kidnapped and held down while a group of rogue crafters mosaiced it !!!! Nothing is safe . Even those clacking cats !

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler