Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shrine

Posted by slowmedown (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 23, 10 at 18:21

Not a lot of traditional mosaics, but I consider it a mosaic of found objects. LOVE making shrines. Made from two wine crates as bases. Decorated w/mosaic tiles, images taken from cards from friends and the internet. Mementos from family fill the spaces. The box in the bottom space w/hold small thank-you notes I've saved from family members. There w/be a book as an attachment made from occasional cards from family.
Shrine

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shrine

Very cool !

o

Wow slow, this is great! Ive had one of these knocking around in my head for a while too. I like seeing this side of your creativity!
Nana-so good to see you about! Have you got goodies to show us?

o

Thanks, y'all. It looks a whole lot better in person. My idea is to have a shrine with moving parts inside. I used to have a holiday tree (tree branch spray--painted gold) that I kept up all year, and changed the decorations to fit the season. Got tired of it, so this is its replacement - sorta a seasonal shrine as well as sentimental things from the kids. Picked up a huge box of cigar boxes and more wine crates at an estate sale last week, so I have lots of bases.

o

Oh SLOW it is too cool!! I love it!! What a great idea.....

o

That's really cool, can't wait to see what else you do!

o

You never cease to amaze me................this is brilliant................I wish I had your imagination and skills! Dang!!! Love it!

o

How COOL is that? I love it and would never get tired of looking at this. Great idea...you've really got the creative juices flowing...way to go.

o

Thanks, y'all. Yeah, my creativity is running high lately. Working on a sewing project now. If spring every gets here, the gardens w/take priority.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here