Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Poor Veronica

Posted by nicethyme (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 8, 08 at 18:16

LOL oh I'm not even sure I should post this...

Through the amazing generousity of a wonderful person, I have some molds to play around with - for clay. But during a grout test for the mirror, I had the sudden desire to use my left over grout to see just what comes out of these molds..... mmmmmmmmmmmmm

well, here I am that night looking at several faces and body parts and I begin to run captians through my mind.... so this one made me laugh

here's Poor Veronica

(I swear I will pursue real art with these molds in the future! lol)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Poor Veronica

That's Great!
Betsy

o

Too funny, those are great molds. Where'd you get the letters from,
Cindy

o

Cindy, I just typed those on the puter using Print Artist, and silconed clear glass on them

o

TOO FUNNY!!! LMAO!!! This is a really very interesting pc!!!

o

It's GREAT!
Definitely American Folk Art!
Probably would sell for a HUGE price! :)
I love it!

o

LOL Oh, this IS too funny!

I was expecting something addressed to ME! Know what's even funnier? I AM the only female employee in my department, with Paul, Paul, John, and Mickey! Oh, how I love this!

Roni
whose real name is Veronica ;)

o

I just love art that can make you smile/laugh/enjoy!!!

o

Well, what have we here????!!! Another side of NT's artistic brain. This is hilarious, and, my dear, IS art. You beat all. I've done the same thing w/molds and left-over grout. I've also used concrete patch in doll face molds, and it works beautifully. Doesn't leave the grainy surface. Sometimes I don't get the air bubbles out of the grout-filled ones. You beat all. I LOVE this very funky, folk artsy piece.

o

OH thank goodness, it so good to see you posting! I truely hope that means you are on the mend! I glad I made ya laugh!

o

I love these too,your talent just get's wider and wider.

o

Those are cool! A great way to use leftover grout....I always feel bad about throwing it away, I'll keep an eye out for molds.

o

How funny! Such a wonderfully creaqtive idea!! Like slow said, you come up with some of the most ingenious things! How'd you get them out of the mold...did one mold release work best? Love the saying, as well as how you set up the piece!

Pat

o

Awesome. It is to cool.

o

Wow I can't believe you can use grout in those molds, they turned out perfect. I really like everything about this piece. Reminds of things I see in a store here with all funky stuff.

o

Enjoying this again. Forgot to ask what your substrate is, what's the background glass and the border tiles. 'splain, please. A real fun piece, to be sure. Where you hanging it?

o

Curb, I just used cooking spray for release. And these are known as push molds - they are flexible so popping the pieces out is alot dumping out an ice cube tray.

Slow, the substrate was just some left over plywood from the shrine project, I kilzed it. Black waterglass for background, orange swirrly glass for border and a chartruse green on the edges to match the lettering and of course, Veronica! lol

Ronnie... I completely forgot that I "know" a Veronica, I'm so glad you have a sense of humor!

o

TDF!!! (too dang funny!)

o

Enjoying this again, as SLOW said.

How could I NOT like this?? (Ok, I guess I can see how I might not, but fact is, I DO! :) I keep thinking about printing it to show the guys at work, then I think, "Nahhhh. Not a good idea."

o

You're a hoot!
And...it probably could fetch a pretty price
in the right shoppe.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here