Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden hat -thrift find---begging to be beautified!!!

Posted by bearbubbacowboy (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 22, 09 at 18:08

Hi all, While in town yesterday I found this beautiful ceramic hat hanging on the wall @ the thrift shop...It was waiting for me!!! I have already started to make it my Bear's garden hat. My hubby is going to carve me a girlie bear and she will be wearing this hat while standing in the flower garden or on the deck. It may be awile before she gets carved, but her hat will be ready. I'll post pics later tonight...What fun I have found lately. I can't wait for the garage sales to start....Later, Cathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden hat

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden hat -thrift find---begging to be beautified!!!

That is ceramic? It looks like a real hat! Nice find Bear! With all the stuff you are finding lately, you are one busy lady!

o

Charm,
It was like it was calling out to me. And yes it is ceramic. I am having a ball. I don't usually find such cool stuff where I live. I usually do when I'm in Anchorage, which is almost 200 miles from me. And I only go about 4 times a year. But I have sure lucked out lately. And I'm having a ball!!! Keeping me busy on these long winter days! Here is what I've got done today, the top is finished. I'll work on the bottom brim tomorrow, or tonight if I can't sleep. Later, Cathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden hat top

o

Wow, you don't waste any time!! It's beautiful. It would take me a week figuring out what I was going to do. It's going to look great in the garden!! Jan

o

Hi all,
I finishd it after dinner tonight. I just need the bear to put it on. I'll be reeeal nice to the hubby and get him to carve her soon. Ha!
Later, Cathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Bottom garden hat

o

Wow girl you are on a roll!!! It is beautiful, you'll have to show us pics when you have it on the bear. I wouldn't have known where to start myself. Keeps those pics coming, I love seeing what you do!

o

How very beautiful. I notice you used something to smooth it out first. ????? You work fast, and your pieces look so small. Do you cut as you go? Oh - I looked again, and see that this is the underside of the hat. Sorry. Sooooo pretty.

o

WOW!!! That is so Beautiful! You certainly are on a roll!!! Love the use of the flowers! Yes! A fine job!!!

o

Wow, you're fast!! Lovely job!

o

My goodness! You are turning out such beautiful stuff SO fast!! Do you have all your tess ready or do you cut as you go? Those must be AWFULLY long dark days in Alaska. :) Wow, to have so much time to play, I can only wish. Keep the pics coming!

o

That is so pretty!! Your carved bear isgoing to be the envy of the neighborhood!!

o

I love that hat!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here