Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ladybugs

Posted by katishooked (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 21, 09 at 18:00

I used sculpey to make these. Please help with sealers for them to use outside. I have some flower ideas I want to use, but want to make sure the sculpey will hold up. Thanks all for help and enjoy.poli ladybugsPolimer ladybugs

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ladybugs

think I would use marine varnish

o

Won't hold up outside in extreme southern heat, and w/fade, in my experience.

o

While its not supposed to be outside, I think Cacbeary reported her stuff has held up. I think its a risk. The only 2 ealants I ever read PCers using is Future floor wax and Fleck varathane and I wonder is theres one thats rated for outdoors? obviously floor wax won't work.

those are really cute btw

o

They are darling. I don't know what will work as I'm just getting into outside stuff. But please let us know later if it works and what you use. As I have a freind who is really into this and would love to have some like them and maybe dragonflies and butterflies for my deck....Cathy

o

Cathy that is what I had in mind. I would like to do flowers, butterflies etc for the brick wall by my patio. I got some Helmsman Spar Urethane for outside today. Am going to coat 3/4 times. I was thinking of putting in freezer, thawing and spritzing with water and maybe pop in the oven to see how they hold up. Will keep you posted.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here