Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tiled window frame is done, pics.

Posted by debrak_2008 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 22, 11 at 17:03

My DH came up with the idea to use mosiac (small tiles) to frame a window in a staircase. This area is a new addition to our house and the stairs go from the kitchen to the master bedroom. I searched the internet and could not find anything like this which surprized me. DH used green board and framed the window. He sized it so no glass tile had to be cut. It might seem boring to the great artists here but here it is. tiled window in staircase Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tiled window frame is done, pics.

Y'all did a marvelous job of tiling. Not boring to the one who enjoys it. Some have said my work is too busy - don't care one bit, and my answer to any objections is: If I like it, that's all that matters. Congratulations to you and DH for a beautiful window. Looks soooooo professionally done.

o

That is gorgeous and sooooo well done. It really adds pazzaz to an ordinary window. Thanks for sharing such a cool idea.....will have to put that one in my memory bank! I've done the same thing as far as cutting something to fit the tile, as I don't have a fancy cutter or the knowledge to cut them, besides whats wrong with planning ahead and making sure your finished project will look as neat and professional as possible. His work looks very neat and to me thats important.
+

o

I think it turned out beautiful. Very nice and clean looking. I would say it IS a work of art!

o

Thank you all for the kind words. I have showed them all to DH. We are really happy with it. Our next project is remodeling our kitchen. There is a small window over the sink.... depending on what we decide on a backsplash, maybe we do it again.

I must say I was surprized that more people haven't done something like this. DH got the idea when we were buying glass tile for around our bathtub. He saw this tile and thought it matched our woodwork and the idea was born. Anyway I searched the internet and could not find anything like it. Looking at your projects here I see that you guys tile everything! Which I think is cool.

o

Outstanding job and beautiful tile! Love it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here