Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shrine With No Name

Posted by slowmedown (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 6, 12 at 16:07

I had almost finished construction on this little shrine when I realized Shea might not want the large chunky one. After she loved hers, I couldn't toss out the lath, so continued to the bitter end, even though I had absolutely no inspiration - ending up w/super tacky, but w/a lesson. Don't try to force inspiration - it doesn't end well. BTY - go the "Gifts" album to see Shea's shrine hanging on my patio while it waits for Shea to bring her big guns to pick it up.
Shrine w/no name

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shrine With No Name

Tacky? I dont think its tacky at all. Its not YOUR usual style but its not tacky. I quite liked the pearls and the heart. You beat yourself up for no reason!

o

I agree with WW! lol

o

I think it's beautiful!! Know what ya mean about working w/out inspiration. Good job!!

o

Thanks, ladies. Unbelievable, Shea wants this one too. I was shocked to my toes. I'll be glad to get rid of it - have no love for it at all.

o

WOW!!! Both! Love em both too!!! But that monster one is my FAV!!!!

o

I am in awe of your work. Loved looking at your photobucket. Do you give classes? I live in S Louisiana, but would gladly make a trip to watch you create.

Can you tell I am new to this site? lol

o

Well thank you so much ICYMARINA. Yes, I've given one-on-one classes. What part of Louisiana. I was born in Winnsboro, went to school in Tioga and Pineville. W/be thrilled to have you come for a visit. I have guest rooms and you're welcome. Welcome to the forum.

o

Thanks so much. I am in Intracoastal City, way down south on the Gulf of Mexico. I am enjoying everything you guys are posting. I just may take you up on that offer one day. I am so anxious for warmer weather so I can outside and grout. Don't think I am neat enough to attempt to do that inside.

o

Welcome. W/love to have you visit. We'd also like to see pictures of your WIPs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here