Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Latest Work in Progress

Posted by rchovey (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 1, 09 at 16:02

I started this piece 2 days ago... it will take forever because the pieces are so small. It is 8"x10"..so you know how small the face is, lots of tiny shards, ouch! It is my interpretation of an icon of "The Christ". Lot's more detail in the sketch than will be in the finished piece.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Latest Work in Progress

VEry ambitious! The face looks really good.
kathy

o

how in the world do you make eyes that small look that good!

o

You're doing an amazing job! Can tell already that it's going to be a wonderful piece!

o

Just tonight saw a special on the life of Jesus and things that are going on in and near Jerusalem. It was very interesting as they studied the Jews of that time and how the modern day pics that people think look like Christ is nothing near what the Jews of that time looked like. They had two skulls and the one that was a Jew was larger. A sculptor had one made and sculpt out of clay what he thought Jesus would look like... very interesting... I like your depiction and your talent for capturing a certain look...great work..

o
RE: Latest Work in Progress- update

Ready for grout....

WIP Update 2

o

All I can say is WOW!
you have talent!
i just clicked on the pic and got a bigger view!

o

Beautiful.
kathy

o
RE: Latest Work in Progress- Grouted

Here it is grouted, I'll try to get it framed today:

Small changes

o

That turned out so pretty .It looks so good!

o

Wow, that looks simply wonderful! Congradulations!

o

Rchovey!!! This is Wonderful!!! And you are so fast too!!! WoW!!!

o
'The Christ' finshed and framed

Here is the finished project. Thank you all for your comments! My son, the Anglican priest, has laid claim to it, but for now I think I'll keep it for a while. He's funny, wants me to so one of St. Francis, St. Benedict, and St. Clare... sure. Maybe someday, if I get some Divine inspiration....

The Christ

o

I really like the use of mirror glass and the purple/blue on his robe. Such a good job!!!

o

Well, it is obvious you were divinely inspired with this piece.
Stunning.

o

WOW - there's a pro amongst us. REALLY wonderful, RCHOVEY. I think I remember reading you took a portrait class. You made an A, I'm sure. This is very interesting work, and I w/LOVE to hang a piece such as this in my religious art niche, but no way would I be brave enough to try it. Congrats on this one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here