Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just saw a new type of tile, and I want some!

Posted by silvamae (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 8, 11 at 15:13

Mosaic Mercantile has a new line of pre-cut, irregularly shaped glass mosaic tile called Crafter's Cut, solid color families that come with three shades of a single color and gems which come in two color types, Sparkle, which have a bubbly glitter to them and Shimmer, which have glittery sheen. I already have thousands of pounds of tile and glass (exaggerating only a little), but I want some of these!

Here is a link that might be useful: Mosaic Mercantile's website

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just saw a new type of tile, and I want some!

Beautiful, but too expensive for my stinginess. I never order pre-cut tiles any more. Trying to use what I have on hand. Like you, I have many lbs of tiles, dishes and found objects. Oh, sure, the hunt for new stuff is always soooooo tempting, but....... Oh to have unlimited budgets. Whatcha gonna put them on?

o

I'm not gonna order any; I just WANT some. I am trying to be good and use what I already have on hand ... I am setting limits and sticking to them. I still visit thrift shops occasionally and I limit my purchases -- for example, plates or saucers that are 99 cents; no more buying the entire set of dishes for $25.00 and that kind of wild spending. Now, if I win the Lotto tonight, that's a whole new kettle of fish.

o

I am just like you Silvamae, Gotta use up what I have!!

o

I too am just like you all have tuns of plates and every thing else .I keep going through things and I need to get rid of some of it buttttttt I am no longer working so I do not have extra mon. so i just let it sit there . I pitty my kids when I leave this world!!!!!!LOL

o

LOL - That is soooooo funny, NANA, cuz I think the same thing. How in the WORLD w/my kids sell this house w/all the c r a _ on the back garden wall, in the corner, behind the fountain and w/a huge fountain out front that w/take a bull dozer to knock down etc. Then I think maybe some artistic soul might want it. THEN I think - don't worry - it's payback for some of the little piccadillies they've caused me in life! Let's enjoy our stashes and foibles.

o

So right girl!!!!

o

Haha, I just consider that it's gonna be payback for all the sleepless nights they caused me!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here