Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My newest piece

Posted by ItsmeChickadee (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 4, 13 at 15:10

Hi everyone,
This is a piece I just finished for a show in my small town. The premise of the show was to create a piece of art based on lyrics from a favorite love song or poem. This is called "Lucky" based on Jason Mraz's song - this verse in particular:
Boy I hear you in my dreams, I feel your whisper across the sea, I keep you with me in my heart, You make it easier when life gets hard.
The show was really fun. People were so creative and diverse. I sometimes wonder what I ever did with my time before discovering mosaics!
I just noticed, you can still see some wet glue! Talk about submitting something at the last minute.
Becky

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My newest piece

oooh wow, its beautiful and really fits those verses perfectly

o

Beautiful!

o

How beautiful, and fitting the purpose. Just lovely.

o

Yes beautiful!!!

o

It is beautiful. I'm always amazed at what you all can do!

o

Very Nice!

o

Beautiful! What are the small round pieces (beads?). I have noticed them on lots of pieces. Are they applied after grouting?

thanks

o

That is gorgeous! You do beautiful work!

o

Thanks!
Elliej, the small round bits are just beads from a craft store. I tend to use lots o' beads in my stuff and this one is no exception. Some are glued directly on the board and some are glued on other bigger beads. I usually just "blue tape" over the beads on top when I grout. I forgot on this piece though, so you can see wet glue where I had to reglue a couple on.
Becky

o

Hello dear, this is a beautiful master piece, i like it so so much and it is cmpletely adorable. It does not look as if you had finished it in a last moment. the colour combination of blue and white is perfect also some decoration you have added makes it perfect. that is a beatiful art of stain glass dear and do keep it up. Goodluck for your future.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here