Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texaswild

Garden Planter - WIP

texaswild
13 years ago

Diamond Metal Lath and Concrete planter. Made a little progress b/f leaving for PV. Hope to resume mosaicing tomorrow. Still catching up on stuff after the trip.

Garden Planter

Comments (14)

• wackyweeder
    13 years ago

Love the design youve got going!

• jenel
    13 years ago

It's wonderful, Slow. I especially love the row of flowers.

• texaswild
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, you two. Hope to get back to it today after I go restock the larder - a trip out I always dread.

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

LOL at first I thought you meant goodies to mosaic with, then I clued in...food!heh heh! I think food shopping is such a drag too!ha! But your creation is looking really good! Love your style always!The colors are poppin' already!

• texaswild
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Parts of two days progress - cutting tiles as I go I'm getting sooooooo slow. Mikasa Plates w/glass tiles and mirror fill.
    Planter Progress

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

I have some mikasa plate stuff outside that froze and popped off this cold winter...grrr, all that work and now it looks crappy...why do I not bring this stuff in in the winter...so mad at myself! Love those flower parts in the middle Slow!Just love the way the red makes the flower border "POP"!

• texaswild
    Original Author
    13 years ago

CALAM: Thanks. I've found that whatever color I put around those "flowers" look fine. I bought a case of the black/white, octagonal bathroom tiles from Lowes a couple/three yrs. ago. They really have done their job - I cut the white ones in half for wonderful borders. On the Fountain Surround Extension, I used yellow around them, and they look so happy.

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for those babies! Even tho I have a couple of 5gal buckets of stuff that I keep forgetting about....scored them for free at the recycle depot in the concrete reycle bin. People just throw away such good stuff, I can't believe it!!! I've scored tons of concrete bricks/red bricks/slate/cement board...sheesh...gotta like free shopping!ha!

• texaswild
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I lost interest in this monstrosity waaaaaaaay back, and did a slouch job. Need to choose smaller projects in the future for my short attention span.

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

It turned out nice .Looks like a lot of work.

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

OH it is gorgeous!!! Can hardly wait to see it in person!!! Gonna bring my camera and take a TON of pics!!! Who needs to go to Mexico...sheesh!ha! I hung out with Cindy/Klinger today and we went to the stained glass store....where I bought a pc of fancy 2ft glass for over $60!!! Just to inspire myself to finish the seahorse! Man, it's gonna be one very expensive seahorse as it has all uroburos glass on it, probably $180 worth! Whatcha gonna plant in this beauty?!!

• texaswild
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh, I LOVE Uroburos glass - too stingy to buy it, though. Anxious to see your seahors finished. What to plant in this monster of a planter? Don't know and don't even know where to put it. Might take it to my bro. next trip. I made it w/selling in mind, but since I don't like it, and didn't do my best, I can't put it up for sale. Have no idea where to put or what to plant in it. Thanks, anyway. Anxious for you to set a date.

• flagtruck
    13 years ago

i Misseed all of you and and glad your back. Cant' wait to see what Slow brought me...Locw you gALS AND HAPPY FOR A SACE RETURN.

• glassgypsy
    13 years ago

That is sooo pretty. Ya'll put me to shame with all this neat stuff!

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions