Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
South Austin Music sign finished!

Posted by silvamae (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 8, 12 at 14:14

Grouted it yesterday and sealed the grout and painted the edges today. It will be picked up soon, hopefully tomorrow, and I will take another picture of it installed on the front of the business. I am so happy and ready to move on to another project, this next one will be saturated with color!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Silva's blog (space mosaic and sign)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: South Austin Music sign finished!

Yay! I bet the plain black and white was getting old!

o

oooh but it LOOKS FANTASTIC!!!! I bet they LOVE IT!!! great job,,, now get some color in your life again

o

Oh thanks! Yes, color! That's what it's all about. However, the black and white should be striking.

I put the wrong link on the first post, here's the right one:

Here is a link that might be useful: Silva's blog

o

Looks very nice!

o

I love it!!!

o

Just awesome!!!!

o

I know ya did, I had to do a little hunting for it. Its perfect for this, bold combination and really shows off as a professional mosaic with the B&w contrast!

o

Thank you all! I just posted a picture of the sign being loaded in the back of the pickup. Next pic will be one of the installation. On to the next project!

o

wow its sooo big, AND SHINY!

o

Sylva, was the guitar mosaic, the blue one, done on a real guitar? It is just gorgeous!!

o

Hi, murraysmom, yes, the blue guitar was done on a real guitar. The guitar was cracked and had some holes in it and was donated to me.

o

Went by there tonight on the way to dinner and I took a picture and posted it on the blog. The owner said I needed to come by again in the morning time because it faces east and he said this morning it looked really good in the morning light. The owner and all his employees were so happy with it. Makes me feel good. If you're ever in Austin, it's at 1402 South Lamar.

o

ooOOO its down low. it would be fun to set up a camara to film how many customers feel the urge to touch it! lol

looks great!!!

o

WhooHoo! It Looks Fabulous!!!! You must feel such a sense of accomplishment!!!

o

Thanks, you all. Yes a video camera focused on it would be fun. I ground all the edges of every single piece because it is so low and right beside the front door of a business, I want it to be okay for customers' children to reach over and touch it.

o

That's probably one of my favorite pieces I've seen so far on here

o

Thanks, idrive.

o

ooo Silva, do you see where you are on the most popular??? 4th out of 27 thousand pics??? mmm mmmm

o

I did see that! I also noticed that a certain frog pond is on the first page also. It's great, isn't it?

o

LOL yeah but we're all going to be overwhelmed by that danged amazing jar of pickles!!!!

o

I finally found the pic. I wasn't sure where the first link took me . DUH . That is just amazing ! It's HUGE !!!!
How did you reach the middle ? -- LOL That is sure impressive :) Great Job !

o

Nice, the pickles are right behind the sign and about to roll right over it! Toomuch, the sign was on the floor in my dining area and I had to climb up on it sometimes to reach the middle. Thanks for the kind words!

o

I hadn't realized how BIG it is. What a huge job. I hope they paid you handsomely.

o

pickles are long gone now... and YOU are in 1st!

o

I know how proud you must be of this gigantic accomplishment. I'd probably sit outside w/a sign that says "I did that". Great work, SILVA. Congrats on such an honor to be asked to do this.

o

I am just amazed by this piece. Spectacular.

o

Thanks, all! By the way, we went to the Saxon Pub last night, which is in the same building as South Austin Music, and I got to visit my sign. All is well; it is holding up marvelously.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here