Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
silvamae

South Austin Music sign finished!

silvamae
12 years ago

Grouted it yesterday and sealed the grout and painted the edges today. It will be picked up soon, hopefully tomorrow, and I will take another picture of it installed on the front of the business. I am so happy and ready to move on to another project, this next one will be saturated with color!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Silva's blog (space mosaic and sign)

Comments (27)

• ernie85017, zn 9, phx
    12 years ago

Yay! I bet the plain black and white was getting old!

• nicethyme
    12 years ago

oooh but it LOOKS FANTASTIC!!!! I bet they LOVE IT!!! great job,,, now get some color in your life again

• silvamae
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh thanks! Yes, color! That's what it's all about. However, the black and white should be striking.

I put the wrong link on the first post, here's the right one:

Here is a link that might be useful: Silva's blog

• kiki_thinking
    12 years ago

Looks very nice!

• nanatricia
    12 years ago

I love it!!!

• cathyscache
    12 years ago

Just awesome!!!!

• nicethyme
    12 years ago

I know ya did, I had to do a little hunting for it. Its perfect for this, bold combination and really shows off as a professional mosaic with the B&w contrast!

• silvamae
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all! I just posted a picture of the sign being loaded in the back of the pickup. Next pic will be one of the installation. On to the next project!

• nicethyme
    12 years ago

wow its sooo big, AND SHINY!

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    12 years ago

Sylva, was the guitar mosaic, the blue one, done on a real guitar? It is just gorgeous!!

• silvamae
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi, murraysmom, yes, the blue guitar was done on a real guitar. The guitar was cracked and had some holes in it and was donated to me.

• silvamae
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Went by there tonight on the way to dinner and I took a picture and posted it on the blog. The owner said I needed to come by again in the morning time because it faces east and he said this morning it looked really good in the morning light. The owner and all his employees were so happy with it. Makes me feel good. If you're ever in Austin, it's at 1402 South Lamar.

• nicethyme
    12 years ago

ooOOO its down low. it would be fun to set up a camara to film how many customers feel the urge to touch it! lol

looks great!!!

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

WhooHoo! It Looks Fabulous!!!! You must feel such a sense of accomplishment!!!

• silvamae
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, you all. Yes a video camera focused on it would be fun. I ground all the edges of every single piece because it is so low and right beside the front door of a business, I want it to be okay for customers' children to reach over and touch it.

• idrive
    12 years ago

That's probably one of my favorite pieces I've seen so far on here

• silvamae
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, idrive.

• nicethyme
    12 years ago

ooo Silva, do you see where you are on the most popular??? 4th out of 27 thousand pics??? mmm mmmm

• silvamae
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I did see that! I also noticed that a certain frog pond is on the first page also. It's great, isn't it?

• nicethyme
    12 years ago

LOL yeah but we're all going to be overwhelmed by that danged amazing jar of pickles!!!!

• toomuchglass
    12 years ago

I finally found the pic. I wasn't sure where the first link took me . DUH . That is just amazing ! It's HUGE !!!!
    How did you reach the middle ? -- LOL That is sure impressive :) Great Job !

• silvamae
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Nice, the pickles are right behind the sign and about to roll right over it! Toomuch, the sign was on the floor in my dining area and I had to climb up on it sometimes to reach the middle. Thanks for the kind words!

• ernie85017, zn 9, phx
    12 years ago

I hadn't realized how BIG it is. What a huge job. I hope they paid you handsomely.

• nicethyme
    12 years ago

pickles are long gone now... and YOU are in 1st!

• texaswild
    12 years ago

I know how proud you must be of this gigantic accomplishment. I'd probably sit outside w/a sign that says "I did that". Great work, SILVA. Congrats on such an honor to be asked to do this.

• amerique2
    12 years ago

I am just amazed by this piece. Spectacular.

• silvamae
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, all! By the way, we went to the Saxon Pub last night, which is in the same building as South Austin Music, and I got to visit my sign. All is well; it is holding up marvelously.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH