Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
silvamae

Mosaic materials and tools for sale

silvamae
12 years ago

This was posted on Mosaic Artists Organization. I would love to buy some smalti myself, but I am forcing myself to be good and use up some of the ten thousand pounds of stuff I have already accumulated. If any of you are interested, I copied and pasted her message.

"Hey everyone! It's been years since I've been to this site or have talked to anyone, or even made any mosaics for that matter! That is essentially why I am writing this. I have been having serious health problems for the past 3 years and haven't been even able to do my favorite thing, and that is to create mosaic pieces. So my storage unit is inundated with boxes of almost any mosaic tesserae or tools etc., that you can think of, and I am here to sell these items to anyone interested.

For example, most of my mosaics were smalti based, so I have a LOT of Kerr canning jars with so many different colors of smalti, both Orsoni and MDM. I also have vitreous, iridescent and a lot of marble tesserae as well. I have nippers for every type of tesserae and grouting tools and colorants, etc. I also have both a "table high" and "desk top"log's w/Hardie's and a carbide tipped hammer for both smalti and marble.

If it's used for mosaics, I am sure I have it. As far as the smalti goes, there is so many different colors in different amounts, that we just put the jars, with all sorts of amounts, in boxes, to sell as is. We did the same with all the marble. So it would be difficult,say, if someone just wanted 3/4" x 3/4" x 5/8" marble in black. It would have to be sold as all smalti, all marble, etc.

BTW-I also perused the Gallery and am so impressed with all the new mosaics! This has always been such a wonderful organization, that has given me so much help with mosaics. Thank you all very much for your consideration,

Mary Ann Reynolds

If you are interested or have any questions about what I have available for sale, please feel free to call Mary Ann @ (805) 710-2544 or e-mail me at m80reynolds@gmail.com. Available 24/7!"

Comments (4)

Sponsored
WellCraft Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars61 Reviews
Virginia’s Full Service Design-Build Remodeling Company