Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bearbubbacowboy

Rosie's progress--She's come to life

bearbubbacowboy
15 years ago

Hi all, Meet Rosie. She's not done but has taken on a life of her own. Saddle and blanket are done. Just a little more tweeking and she'll be finished. Hopefully I can grout on Sat. or Sun. Will post finished pic. Later, Cathy

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

Comments (42)

• emtnest
    15 years ago

Oh now that is just beautiful!!!! Can't wait to see it finished!!!

• charmo
    15 years ago

Rosie is so cute!!! Can't wait to see her when she is all dolled up!

• wackyweeder
    15 years ago

I love the work around her tail!

• fiddlekate
    15 years ago

Wow... Rosie is going to be darling!!!
    What a fun project, Cathy!
    She'll be a treasure!

• katishooked
    15 years ago

Rosie is so pretty. Grouting should be the topping on th cake.

• klinger
    15 years ago

How nice, that's a very cool project. She'll look great and Rosies the perfect name.
    Cindy

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

very pretty

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

WOW!!! LOOKIN" GOOD!!!! Love the saddle and her rear end! I'd be a horses a## if that's what I'd look like!!! Lol!!!

• texaswild
    15 years ago

BEAUTIFUL - she's gonna be a knockout.

• bearbubbacowboy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

She's finished...I put the last tile on this afternoon. I'll probably grout tomorrow if I'm not in town too long. It's about a 60mile rt to town and I so a week or more worth of shopping so she actually probably won't get grouted til Sun. But either way I'll post pics as soon as she grouted...She's changed since I started, but for the better I think!!! Later, Cathy

• meadel
    15 years ago

I love her saddle and rear !! Great job.
    60 miles to town?? Whoa Nelly !! That would almost
    take me to another state !

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Good GRIEF! You finished that in record time. You tease!!!!! You KNOW we're anxious to see her. Huuuuuuury.

• bearbubbacowboy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ok Slow, Here she is before grotuing. Hope this works if ot go to photobucket.com---cathyscache---meadel tha's 60 miles rounbgtrip not that bad...unless the weather is bad..but today it's sunny and beautiful!!! later, Cathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Rosie before grout

• fiddlekate
    15 years ago

She's gorgeous, Cathy! Just amazing!

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous. You did a GREAT job. How charming! DON'T PUT HER OUTSIDE.

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

beautiful job. please keep her indoors

• wackyweeder
    15 years ago

She is gorgeous! I would love to have one! Please keep her in!

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

Great Job!!! And so fast!!! Can't wait to see her grouted!!!

• bearbubbacowboy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good morning, I tweeked her a bit last night. I always do that with all my projects. I sit them where I can see them for a day or two and decide what else they need. Probably won't grout til tomorrow. Always easier with no kids around. So hopefully I'll have finished pics tomorrow. She sure has been fun. Later, Cathy

• laurastheme
    15 years ago

Darn. I can't see her. She must have run off. Please bring her back so I can see what she looks like.

• bearbubbacowboy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here she is again... Cathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Rosie

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

I just love how you used the lid on her chest! White grout?

• bearbubbacowboy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Calm,
    You know that's still in debate. I'm thinking a grey or a tan. She's is a sort of, off white with drk grey, sooooo. I just haven't made the decision yet. And I'm stil tweeking her...I better grout her soon or nobody will be able to tell she's even a horse!!! LOL!!!!!! She's gonna be all tiles!!! Later girls, Cathy

• texaswild
    15 years ago

What w/be wrong w/all tiles? She's beautiful as is, but I wouldn't be able to resist covering her completely. I vote for charcoal grout - darkish.

• bearbubbacowboy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Slow, I don't know about completely tiles but she's already getting more!!!!! I just couldn't help myself!!!! Later, Cathy

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Awesome! I can see where this could be never ending!

• bearbubbacowboy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi all, Rosie is still in the making. I thought she was done but, I should have known better!!! Her she is today 2/28/09. And as U can see she's getting soooooooooo much more beuatification that I can't really say when she will be done! (Should have grouted her the first day) I always do this. Say I'm done then-------look what happens!!!!!! Oh well she'll be done when she's done I guess....later all, Cathy

• charmo
    15 years ago

Rosie is very pretty! I like the way you are doing her neck too. She will be totally awesome!

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Way to go, girlie. She's getting better w/every piece you put on her. WONDERFUL. She'll be a show piece for sure.

• daisyme
    15 years ago

What an absolutely wonderful piece! I love the tess you're picking for Rosie. What fun!

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

Oh I too just am so in love with all the gorgeous plates and such that you are using!!!

• klinger
    15 years ago

My gosh you are fast. She is looking wonderful. I can't wait to see her all done,
    Cindy

• bearbubbacowboy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OK I just put the last tile on!! She is done til I grout. And I am putting her away in the stable til I do so that I am not tempted to put on any more. She already weighs a ton and she not even grouted yet!! Hopefull I'll grout tomorrow....I'll post final pics tomorrow night if I do..She has sure been fun!! Later, Cathy

• texaswild
    15 years ago

GIRLIE!!!! She is spectacular. I can see this in charcoal grout. She's sure to win a prize. Try to get her on display somewhere for many eyes to gaze upon her. What a fantastic job you did!!!

• bearbubbacowboy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I Think I messed up the pics --sorry here it is again, Cathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Rosie final before grout

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Wowzier! She is wonderful!

• charmo
    15 years ago

Man, you are good! I just wouldn't know where to start, how to do it, what parts to do or not, good job, she is beautiful!

• bearbubbacowboy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey,
    OMG , U are not gonna believe it, but this morning I added more!!! I told my hubby last night that she was done!!! He just laughed..(which I thought was a little rude! LOL!!!) anyway this morning I looked at her and decided the nose needed some bling...so I fixed her nose....and a little fix elsewhere..now she's really done!!! I hope.....anyway tomorrow I will grout and post...maybe...OMG she has become an obsession!!!! It really has to end...Hopefully it has...we'll see....it has...I've lloked at her all day and not felt the need to do anything else...Later, Cathy

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

Whoo hoo!!! She sounds done then! I was Shocked yesterday, when DH was changing our toilet and actually said, "I'd better save this toilet for your garden art..." It's a lovely green one....Dh...who is always on my case about my unending garden art projects...and the "stashes" of "stuff" all over the yard/house....

• bearbubbacowboy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OOOHHH TOO funny Calam!!! I have one in the shed too!!! He never says it but I think, he (The Hubby)thinks I've lost my ever lovin mind...., But doesn't bother me and he knows it, probably why he never says anything!!! If I ever get around to doing all the projects I have stashed---well I know that will prbably never happen...that's why i just keep at it...Later, Cathy

• texaswild
    15 years ago

I LOVE all your additions. No way could I leave a centimeter of empty space. You SURE you don't want to finish covering her?????

• bearbubbacowboy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I don't think so Slow, she's done!
    I thought about continuing, but decided a little of the antique part of her should be left showing. But if I don't grout her soon that could change!. ....Later, Cathy

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH