Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rosie's progress--She's come to life

Posted by bearbubbacowboy (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 18, 09 at 12:33

Hi all, Meet Rosie. She's not done but has taken on a life of her own. Saddle and blanket are done. Just a little more tweeking and she'll be finished. Hopefully I can grout on Sat. or Sun. Will post finished pic. Later, Cathy

Here is a link that might be useful: #2 Rosie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rosie's progress--She's come to life

Oh now that is just beautiful!!!! Can't wait to see it finished!!!

o

Rosie is so cute!!! Can't wait to see her when she is all dolled up!

o

I love the work around her tail!

o

Wow... Rosie is going to be darling!!!
What a fun project, Cathy!
She'll be a treasure!

o

Rosie is so pretty. Grouting should be the topping on th cake.

o

How nice, that's a very cool project. She'll look great and Rosies the perfect name.
Cindy

o

very pretty

o

WOW!!! LOOKIN" GOOD!!!! Love the saddle and her rear end! I'd be a horses a## if that's what I'd look like!!! Lol!!!

o

BEAUTIFUL - she's gonna be a knockout.

o

She's finished...I put the last tile on this afternoon. I'll probably grout tomorrow if I'm not in town too long. It's about a 60mile rt to town and I so a week or more worth of shopping so she actually probably won't get grouted til Sun. But either way I'll post pics as soon as she grouted...She's changed since I started, but for the better I think!!! Later, Cathy

o

I love her saddle and rear !! Great job.
60 miles to town?? Whoa Nelly !! That would almost
take me to another state !

o

Good GRIEF! You finished that in record time. You tease!!!!! You KNOW we're anxious to see her. Huuuuuuury.

o

Ok Slow, Here she is before grotuing. Hope this works if ot go to photobucket.com---cathyscache---meadel tha's 60 miles rounbgtrip not that bad...unless the weather is bad..but today it's sunny and beautiful!!! later, Cathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Rosie before grout

o

She's gorgeous, Cathy! Just amazing!

o

Absolutely gorgeous. You did a GREAT job. How charming! DON'T PUT HER OUTSIDE.

o

beautiful job. please keep her indoors

o

She is gorgeous! I would love to have one! Please keep her in!

o

Great Job!!! And so fast!!! Can't wait to see her grouted!!!

o

Good morning, I tweeked her a bit last night. I always do that with all my projects. I sit them where I can see them for a day or two and decide what else they need. Probably won't grout til tomorrow. Always easier with no kids around. So hopefully I'll have finished pics tomorrow. She sure has been fun. Later, Cathy

o

Darn. I can't see her. She must have run off. Please bring her back so I can see what she looks like.

o

Here she is again... Cathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Rosie

o

I just love how you used the lid on her chest! White grout?

o

Calm,
You know that's still in debate. I'm thinking a grey or a tan. She's is a sort of, off white with drk grey, sooooo. I just haven't made the decision yet. And I'm stil tweeking her...I better grout her soon or nobody will be able to tell she's even a horse!!! LOL!!!!!! She's gonna be all tiles!!! Later girls, Cathy

o

What w/be wrong w/all tiles? She's beautiful as is, but I wouldn't be able to resist covering her completely. I vote for charcoal grout - darkish.

o

Slow, I don't know about completely tiles but she's already getting more!!!!! I just couldn't help myself!!!! Later, Cathy

o

Awesome! I can see where this could be never ending!

o

Hi all, Rosie is still in the making. I thought she was done but, I should have known better!!! Her she is today 2/28/09. And as U can see she's getting soooooooooo much more beuatification that I can't really say when she will be done! (Should have grouted her the first day) I always do this. Say I'm done then-------look what happens!!!!!! Oh well she'll be done when she's done I guess....later all, Cathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Roise even more beautification

o

Rosie is very pretty! I like the way you are doing her neck too. She will be totally awesome!

o

Way to go, girlie. She's getting better w/every piece you put on her. WONDERFUL. She'll be a show piece for sure.

o

What an absolutely wonderful piece! I love the tess you're picking for Rosie. What fun!

o

Oh I too just am so in love with all the gorgeous plates and such that you are using!!!

o

My gosh you are fast. She is looking wonderful. I can't wait to see her all done,
Cindy

o

OK I just put the last tile on!! She is done til I grout. And I am putting her away in the stable til I do so that I am not tempted to put on any more. She already weighs a ton and she not even grouted yet!! Hopefull I'll grout tomorrow....I'll post final pics tomorrow night if I do..She has sure been fun!! Later, Cathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Rosie final before grout

o

GIRLIE!!!! She is spectacular. I can see this in charcoal grout. She's sure to win a prize. Try to get her on display somewhere for many eyes to gaze upon her. What a fantastic job you did!!!

o

I Think I messed up the pics --sorry here it is again, Cathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Rosie final before grout

o

Wowzier! She is wonderful!

o

Man, you are good! I just wouldn't know where to start, how to do it, what parts to do or not, good job, she is beautiful!

o

Hey,
OMG , U are not gonna believe it, but this morning I added more!!! I told my hubby last night that she was done!!! He just laughed..(which I thought was a little rude! LOL!!!) anyway this morning I looked at her and decided the nose needed some bling...so I fixed her nose....and a little fix elsewhere..now she's really done!!! I hope.....anyway tomorrow I will grout and post...maybe...OMG she has become an obsession!!!! It really has to end...Hopefully it has...we'll see....it has...I've lloked at her all day and not felt the need to do anything else...Later, Cathy

o

Whoo hoo!!! She sounds done then! I was Shocked yesterday, when DH was changing our toilet and actually said, "I'd better save this toilet for your garden art..." It's a lovely green one....Dh...who is always on my case about my unending garden art projects...and the "stashes" of "stuff" all over the yard/house....

o

OOOHHH TOO funny Calam!!! I have one in the shed too!!! He never says it but I think, he (The Hubby)thinks I've lost my ever lovin mind...., But doesn't bother me and he knows it, probably why he never says anything!!! If I ever get around to doing all the projects I have stashed---well I know that will prbably never happen...that's why i just keep at it...Later, Cathy

o

I LOVE all your additions. No way could I leave a centimeter of empty space. You SURE you don't want to finish covering her?????

o

I don't think so Slow, she's done!
I thought about continuing, but decided a little of the antique part of her should be left showing. But if I don't grout her soon that could change!. ....Later, Cathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here