Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for Help.. Mosaics

Posted by jasper_mosaics (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 25, 09 at 11:58

We were down in Mexico and fell in love with the Mosaic work that is done so beautifully by Artists in the area. However since getting back to Canada we have been unsuccessful at finding anything on the Internet in regards to where we can contact anyone in Mexico. Especially in PV... Any help would be greatly appreciated

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for Help.. Mosaics

The mosaics are beautiful and plentiful in the P.V. area for sure. I'm not sure what you're looking for. Here's a link to a gal in Bucerias who does mosaics http://www.abrokenart.com/
Here is the link for an artist workshop which a few of us have taken classes at , Sam the owner may be able to steer you in the right direction http://www.haciendamosaico.com/
Where abouts in Canada are you? There's lots of mosaic artist in Canada, including a few members of this forum,
Cindy

o

Oh Yes! PV is a fav of a few of us here!!! Are you wanting to order some tile to do a project? Jasper...as in banff?

o

Someone posted a website last week where they have the handpainted tiles in Mexico. If I remember correctly, the shipping is free. I deleted it from my bookmarks, so check the threads for that site.

o
RE: Looking for Help.. Mosaics - and

Here you go.
Mexican tiles

o

Thank you for all the help, To answer a couple questions
I live in the Frozen North of Edmonton Alberta
What I am looking for is a (I think its called a RUG)Mosaic that I can put as a centre peice in my kitchen floor, like a rose or a medalian.
And yes Jasper is a nickname that I got while working on the Ski Hill as the Mascot for Jasper

o

Funny you should say "centerpiece" for your floor. One of the ladies at the Hacienda was making a centerpiece for her table. She w/put little legs on it. Here's a picture of her WIP.
Table Centerpiece

o

Jasper, I think that's a great price. What I was seeing around PV cost more than that (about $4.00 a tile), though I imagine you could get them for much less in Guadalahara (Sp!), as I heard everything is about a third the price there as PV. There are some really nice patterns on that site! When were you in PV? Four of us from here all met in PV the first week of February. Wish we'd known if you were there too!

o

Here is a guy in Nanaimo(where I live) who does the most AMAZING works...check out this site...

Here is a link that might be useful: Bad Boys Mosaics

o

I think you could also check out ebay, there is some good tile work there. I think in Edmonton there's some good artists also. However what I recommend is make one yourself. Just jump in and do it, It'll be even more unique and special then,
Cindy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here