Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Celtic Swirl

Posted by shrty411 (shrty411@hotmail.com) on
Tue, Feb 17, 09 at 11:38

I used a celtic design that is supposed to date from 500-350 BC.

It is on a small cabinet door about 13 1/2" x 12" The blue tiles are recycled glass from Maryland Mosaics

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Celtic Swirl

Beautiful!!Hope it is up where can be enjoyed ! Love the colors! Jan

o

Oh, SHRTY: It's beautiful. Wish I could see a larger photo. When I clicked on it, Photobucket wouldn't let me in. Wanna see it bigger, please.

o

Well, heck, It wouldn't let me in either

o

OHMYGOODNESS, SHRTY: This is soooooooooooo wonderful, and ELEGANT. This is a gallery piece for sure. W/you sell it or keep it? Are those BBs outlining all the pieces? What a nice touch. Colors are wonderful.

o

I'm keeping this , slow, have a spot all picked out fot it!I used ballchain from Lowe's..the regular shiney gold stuff to outline the pieces.

Thanks for the nice comments!! I enjoyed doing it and it came out the way I wanted..that doesn't happen too often :)

o

That looks wonderful, Bravo!

o

oh i wanna so bad learn how to do that..it is gorgeous

o

I absolutely love the Celtic designs. You have done a great job.

o

It's gorgeous, you must keep it. I squinted at the teeny picture and am so glad you've made it easier to see. The ball chain looks great on it, and the pattern is wonderful,
Cindy

o

It GLOWS!!!! beautiful work Shrty, I think its your best ever

so if I buy a grinder someday will you teach me how to do this?

Ronbre, not sure you realize this is mosaic not soldered

o

NT, I'd be more than happy to teach you. Just grind until it looks right LOL!! The big green pieces I did on the ring saw first, then tweaked on the grinder.

o

It all fits together so perfectly!! I soooo love the ball chain, have never tried using it but I love the effect. Beautiful!

o

WOW, It is amazing!!! Wonderful job!!! Csthy

o

That is gorgeous! I just love Celtic designs!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here