Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mosaic Addiction....

Posted by calamity_j (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 10, 11 at 11:16

YUP, It's that time again...when the warning has to go out to all the newbies.....

Here is a link that might be useful: Mosiac Addiction

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mosaic Addiction....

I agree, but add a further caution. You really have to do good art when laying out mosaics - they will probably outlive you by several lifetimes. Consider how obsessive the Romans were about their mosaics and how well so many of their works have survived the best part of two thousand years.

Here is a link that might be useful: Roman Mosaics

o

I'm not so sure that everything they left was actually good art.

o

I woke up this morning from a dream about banana bread and other nut bread slices beautifully arranged and grouted with white icing!
I think my brain has gone mosaic.
Kathy
(the icing must have been piped in...)

o

LOL! You are HOOKED!!! ha! It has happened to you...we have turned you to the ...broken side!!!haaaahhaaaa!

o

CONCRETE: That's pretty cool. How about when I look at people's faces and see shapes and try to figure out how to cut the tess to fit that area????? Yep - My mind was sliced up several years ago. What a wonderful illness we have. Riana corrected me when I said addiction - she said passion.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here