Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

mattie_2008

Calamity_J
15 years ago

Mattie!!! Klinger and I are on Vancouver Island: AKA "The California of Canada"!!! Maybe we should get together! Klinger and I are road trip girls, so anywhere on the Island is fine!heh heh! Jane

Comments (12)

• emtnest
    15 years ago

I'm not Mattie, I'm Dottie and I love that place!!!! I want to go back to Tofino someday and explore the area.. and see some of those huge bears that hang out around there. And, as I remember there was an open type market on the way there that had grass growing on the roof with goats grazing up there, or maybe it was chickens... it was so cute!!! I have such fond memories of that trip.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    15 years ago

YES Dottie!!! Coombs Country Market is famous for it's goats on the roof!!! People love to sit there and eat a cone and look at the goats..I find goats eyes kinda creepy!lol! Cindy and I go there at least once or 2x a yr. It's only a 40min dr for us.

• emtnest
    15 years ago

I have a funny story about that trip. Our son was in YWAM (Youth With A Mission)in Kelowna (sp?) and he had a mission trip to an island called Ahouset (sp?) and we had to go to Tofino to drop him and his friend off. My sister and I met him in Victoria for a couple days so I could see him.. well when we got to Tofino there was this little dock that I drove out onto and a little boat showed up and we asked it it was going to the Isand of Ahouset, and the guy said yes... so my son and his friend jump on, and while waiting, a much larger boat shows up that of course looks safer to this mom and they are going to the same island...I begged him to get off of that tiny boat and board the big one... but he said no mom, it's ok, we've already made friends on this boat...so they take off into the sunset (my 19 yr. old son) after getting their gear out of the the back of my explorer...and I suddenly realize that he must have my keys to my car...panicking looking all over for them, my wicked sister is taking a movie of me...when finally she can't contain herself any longer and holds my keys up laughing!!! We drove around that cute little fishing village and found a park... with a million steps through this gorgeous rain forest that opened up to the most beautiful beach I've ever laid eyes on!!! And, funny thing is, we have some very dear friends now that are from that place called Tofino!

• klinger
    15 years ago

The west coast of the island is so beautiful. Gorgeous beaches, rain forests, nature at it's finest. I feel really blessed living in such a beautiful area of the world.
    Cindy

• mattie_2008
    15 years ago

I'm in the Comox Valley, but only from April to Sept., and because I want to spend my winters here in Mexico, I spend all that time working my butt off. But it's a beautiful place and we are always happy to be "home".

I'm not spending alot of time on the computer but have seen more great projects in the works. Always fun to see what everyone's doing. The class in PV is interesting, wonder where they order their materrials from? Do you have any idea?

Mattie

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Okay, so Calamity, Klinger, Mattie, Emtnest, and Squirrelly Canadian...sounds like a great get together so far...who else???

• squirrellycanadian
    15 years ago

Oh wouldn't that be FUN! I NEED a roadtrip! I'd love to come back and see you guys again!!

• emtnest
    15 years ago

Ummmm, the SF Flower and Garden Show is coming up... :) Might be a long long way for some... but does sound like loads of fun to hang out with you guys...

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    15 years ago

WhooHoo!!!! It's so Fantastic to meet up in person!! Ya'll have become my dearest friends from this forum!!!

• klinger
    15 years ago

It is fun to hang with us, and the Island is beautiful with lots of great things to see. We should plan on a summer, or Sept. get together perhaps,
    Cindy

• laurastheme
    15 years ago

I live on Fidalgo Island in western Washington. Can I come, too??

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh Laura!!! MORE...The MERRIER!!!!