Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crackpotannie

Finished Antique tables

crackpotannie
16 years ago

Heres a couple of tables in the same style as the headboards. All antique china bought off e-bay many many years ago when shipping was cheap!

Comments (20)

• siriusmosaics
    16 years ago

Really beautiful. You do such wonderful work with plates.

• bianchi2
    16 years ago

Your work always is so perfect and you cut your plates just right. What beautiful tables.
    Bianchi

• texaswild
    16 years ago

Well good grief! What happened to you? Was it our nagging you to finish that got your creative juices flowing again? These are just so lovely. As said before, your work is so professional. Sure wish I could find some of those plates. You'll see when you get here how slim the pickin's are in SA, TS and GW. We'll try to find time to go - hope you'll stay over a day. I think BAMA is, so we can go scrounging.

• crackpotannie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

That sounds good Slow....some of these pieces i've done forever but not grouted...no more fron now on when I finish a piece it's getting grouted right then..I hate that part!!I would love to go scrounging!!

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

Oh Annie, you have done so many amazing pcs, and these are just over the top!!! I am saving some very nice plates till I "feel" like I can accomplish the perfection you inspire me to do. Hmmm, may take a while but everytime you post these drop dead gorgeous things, I get a little more brave!!! Jane: I think I can...I think I can....

• squirrellycanadian
    16 years ago

Oh MY!! They are soooo lovely! You are so good at arranging the plates, you really have an eye for how to place them. Beautiful!

• cindiloo
    16 years ago

Your tables are lovely and match your headboards perfectly!
    Don't know what else to say that hasn't been said already.
    It is all so beautiful and inspiring!!

• hrsg
    16 years ago

Just so pretty and delicate looking. Excellent mosaic work.

• crackpotannie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks everyone,If I just had a teaspoon full of all your talent's I'd be thrilled..guess we never appreciate our own like otheres do.

• louella
    16 years ago

BEAUTIFUL!!! This is my favorite type of mosaicing, called pique assiette. I love the colors you chose. I think anyone would love to own one of these. Louella

• barbfrizzell1955
    16 years ago

WOW, These are just beautiful Annie!!! You always seem to add the perfect "jewelry" which enhances your stuff. Your headboards came out gorgeous too! I hope they sell quickly for you.

Barb

• klinger
    16 years ago

Crack, those are just so pretty, boy I like how they turned out,
    Cindy

• cait1
    16 years ago

They're GORGEOUS!! I showed DH and he says they are works of art! Hardly ever see plates like that here in Oz and when I do they are soooo expensive. You were wise to get them when they were affordable. What do you plan on doing with them? Are they for your home? Would love to see pics of them in situ.
    Cait

• maddy58
    16 years ago

Wonderful work. Did you use a ringsaw to cut the plates? I have just bought one but burnt out the motor due to bad advice from an electrician. Waiting for the motor to be replaced and dying to have a go.
    Maddy

• texaswild
    16 years ago

OH NOOOOOOOOOO, MADDY. So sorry to read that. I only use my ring saw to cut glass, and use the tile wet saw to cut plates.

• crackpotannie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Maddy like slow said ,I use a wet saw too and nippers.Cait i hope to sell them,I wish I had set them up with bedding for the pictures,wouldn't they look great made into a day bed...

• maddy58
    16 years ago

So, Ladies, what's a wet saw? I thought my Taurus 3 ring saw was a wet saw since it works under water so to speak. I finally got to use it this pm and did quite a bit of plate cutting. Admittedly the drive belt came off 3 times but DH pointed out that I was pressing too hard. He was right. So are the experts here saying I shouldn't use it for plates?? That's what I bought it for. AAAGGGHHH!!!

• texaswild
    16 years ago

Well, it WAS made to cut glass into intricate shapes. A wet saw is what tile setters use to cut ceramic/porcelain tiles and I've even cut bricks w/mine. I have a 7" tile saw, but recently I've seen small ones at Lowes for a reasonable price.

• crackpotannie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Mine is 7" too and it's a workforce from home depot I think it was 88.00.I don't think your blades will hold up cutting plates on your ring saw.

• maddy58
    16 years ago

cait1
    I too am in Oz and had much trouble getting my ring saw. Am interested to find out if you a) have a wetsaw and b) if so, where you got it.
    Maddy, Canberra

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County