Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just popping in....old & new projects...

Posted by gcpommom (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 26, 10 at 8:27

Hi all....it's been a while, so busy with health issues around here, hardly mosaicing at all. It's great to see so many familiar names still here.

I did finish that boot I started a long time ago. The back side of it is mirror...

Photobucket

Photobucket

I started on this guitar a month ago, had to put it aside while daughter was in hospital...I hope to get back to it very soon...I'm having trouble deciding what to do with it next

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just popping in....old & new projects...

Ugh, why won't the thumbnail images work? Trying again:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Oh, GC - how nice to see you back. LOVE the boot. What are the brownish/goldish tiles up the back of the first image? Looks a bit like Van Gogh, but ???? This boot is so pretty, I'd like to wear it. Girlie!!! I don't know what you're talking about - not knowing where to go on the guitar. What you've done is superb - so much depth. You really have a great start.

o

Your boot is WONDERFUL!!!! And the guitar is amazing can't wai to see it done!!!! WOW!!! Hope all is well now!!!!

o

Very nice boot...and you are off to a great start on the guitar..

o

Gc I do so hope things turn around for you and your family. The boots are simply adorable. Where ever you decide to go next with the guitar it will be perfect. Your start is very appropriate. Love it.

Kat

o

Thanks gals.
Slow, the edge along the boot is a cut-up plate, it's easier to see on the closeup image.

Everything I've put on that durned guitar so far I've taken off again...just not feeling it. Hopefully I can get back to work on it again soon.

o

I haven't mosaiced anything yet, well made a stepping stone but that's it but I love the things you all do. The guitar is wonderful & looks "real"! The boot is beautiful!! Hope your DD is soon on way to full recovery! Jan

o

Thanks, GC. I thought your guitar beginning was wonderful. The shading made it look so 3-D. I know though, if you don't "feel" it's right - take it off. I seldom do, and that's why my work turns primitive. You're a perfectionist - evidence your wonderful table - and I'm sure when you DO decide, it'll be a real beauty. Huuuuuuuuury.

o

Ok, finally decided that what the guitar needed was mirror shooting stars...and the red bumpy glass paisley...wish i had more of that red glass, it's so pretty.

Photobucket

o

That's PERFECT, GC. I love your design, especially the scallops. Your use of the glass saw is superb. If the red glass is what I think it is, I get the same thing at Hobby Lobby. It's a beautiful cherry red, bumpy glass - love it. Whatcha gonna fill in with?

o

Thanks Slow....I did the background in the green, which i really like, but now i want to redo the treble clef so it's not green as well....not sure i can get those off though.

Photobucket

o

I think it looks great - it shows up well w/the way you outlined and shadowed it. Beautiful - all the way. I love that lime green as well. Can only get that when I have to order glass. HobLob doesn't stock it.

o

That's nice. I don't quite "get" the guitars but I love yours. I finally "get" it, such nice colors & great design.

o

Great work, that guitar is abfab!

o

Front of guitar is done! Pretty quick for me, lol. Next the sides, in black glass with green musical notes is the plan. More shooting stars on bottom. Just gonna paint the back shiny black.

Photobucket

o

Love it. Love your little star flowers. Is this for you or someone else?

o

Thanks Slow...well, I guess if someone wants to buy it, I'd be good with that! I've never done a craft show or anything, so I've never sold anything. Still have all my pieces

o

I am so jealous you have such talent

o

Thanks Shelley! But alot if it was from patterns I printed off line.

Here is the side of the guitar so far, it will be filled with black glass.

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

dang, those links didn't work, but you can see it close up by enlarging the picture a few posts up, they're all in my photobucket page

o
Guitar update...

Started the fill on the side...slow going working with the curves, haven't done a curved surface in a while.

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Beautiful!!!

o

Ok, both sides are done now....next I finish the very bottom part. there is a knob that screws in between the stars, so I drew a circle around it..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Absolutely gorgeous, GC. You are doing such a fabulous job of that guitar. Simply beautiful. You're such a perfectionist.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here