Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gcpommom

Just popping in....old & new projects...

gcpommom
14 years ago

Hi all....it's been a while, so busy with health issues around here, hardly mosaicing at all. It's great to see so many familiar names still here.

I did finish that boot I started a long time ago. The back side of it is mirror...

I started on this guitar a month ago, had to put it aside while daughter was in hospital...I hope to get back to it very soon...I'm having trouble deciding what to do with it next

Comments (24)

• gcpommom
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ugh, why won't the thumbnail images work? Trying again:

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Oh, GC - how nice to see you back. LOVE the boot. What are the brownish/goldish tiles up the back of the first image? Looks a bit like Van Gogh, but ???? This boot is so pretty, I'd like to wear it. Girlie!!! I don't know what you're talking about - not knowing where to go on the guitar. What you've done is superb - so much depth. You really have a great start.

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

Your boot is WONDERFUL!!!! And the guitar is amazing can't wai to see it done!!!! WOW!!! Hope all is well now!!!!

• emtnest
    14 years ago

Very nice boot...and you are off to a great start on the guitar..

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Gc I do so hope things turn around for you and your family. The boots are simply adorable. Where ever you decide to go next with the guitar it will be perfect. Your start is very appropriate. Love it.

Kat

• gcpommom
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks gals.
    Slow, the edge along the boot is a cut-up plate, it's easier to see on the closeup image.

Everything I've put on that durned guitar so far I've taken off again...just not feeling it. Hopefully I can get back to work on it again soon.

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

I haven't mosaiced anything yet, well made a stepping stone but that's it but I love the things you all do. The guitar is wonderful & looks "real"! The boot is beautiful!! Hope your DD is soon on way to full recovery! Jan

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Thanks, GC. I thought your guitar beginning was wonderful. The shading made it look so 3-D. I know though, if you don't "feel" it's right - take it off. I seldom do, and that's why my work turns primitive. You're a perfectionist - evidence your wonderful table - and I'm sure when you DO decide, it'll be a real beauty. Huuuuuuuuury.

• gcpommom
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ok, finally decided that what the guitar needed was mirror shooting stars...and the red bumpy glass paisley...wish i had more of that red glass, it's so pretty.

• texaswild
    14 years ago

That's PERFECT, GC. I love your design, especially the scallops. Your use of the glass saw is superb. If the red glass is what I think it is, I get the same thing at Hobby Lobby. It's a beautiful cherry red, bumpy glass - love it. Whatcha gonna fill in with?

• gcpommom
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Slow....I did the background in the green, which i really like, but now i want to redo the treble clef so it's not green as well....not sure i can get those off though.

• texaswild
    14 years ago

I think it looks great - it shows up well w/the way you outlined and shadowed it. Beautiful - all the way. I love that lime green as well. Can only get that when I have to order glass. HobLob doesn't stock it.

• realrose
    14 years ago

That's nice. I don't quite "get" the guitars but I love yours. I finally "get" it, such nice colors & great design.

• nicethyme
    14 years ago

Great work, that guitar is abfab!

• gcpommom
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Front of guitar is done! Pretty quick for me, lol. Next the sides, in black glass with green musical notes is the plan. More shooting stars on bottom. Just gonna paint the back shiny black.

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Love it. Love your little star flowers. Is this for you or someone else?

• gcpommom
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Slow...well, I guess if someone wants to buy it, I'd be good with that! I've never done a craft show or anything, so I've never sold anything. Still have all my pieces

• shellybelly26
    14 years ago

I am so jealous you have such talent

• gcpommom
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Shelley! But alot if it was from patterns I printed off line.

Here is the side of the guitar so far, it will be filled with black glass.

• gcpommom
    Original Author
    14 years ago

dang, those links didn't work, but you can see it close up by enlarging the picture a few posts up, they're all in my photobucket page

• gcpommom
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Started the fill on the side...slow going working with the curves, haven't done a curved surface in a while.

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Beautiful!!!

• gcpommom
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ok, both sides are done now....next I finish the very bottom part. there is a knob that screws in between the stars, so I drew a circle around it..

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous, GC. You are doing such a fabulous job of that guitar. Simply beautiful. You're such a perfectionist.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!