Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
emtnest

Backsplash Beginning

emtnest
15 years ago

Here is my beginning of the backsplash. Nothing is adhered yet. I'm open for suggestions. I was thinking of cutting some cobalt blue triangles for the top and bottom of the same that is on the ends. Dang, can't run the tile saw at 1am!!! That's when I work best too...will try to post pic.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s242/emtnest/Backsplash/section1.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (39)

• katishooked
    15 years ago

Wow this is going to be gorgeous. Love the colors you chose.

• texaswild
    15 years ago

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT. How very beautiful. You are G.O.O.D. at tiling, girlie. Love the combination of colors.

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

Lookin' Good! You'll have it done in no time at the rate you are going!!!

• klinger
    15 years ago

OOOOH, AHHHHHH, looks great, I love those colors and tiles.You will be so glad you did this , cause it is going to be a knock out.
    Cindy

• squirrellycanadian
    15 years ago

Oh Yummy!!I LOVE those tiles!! This is going to be awesome!!

• bearbubbacowboy
    15 years ago

It's BEAUTIFUL!!! Can't wait to see it done! WOW! It's great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cathy

• emtnest
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well here it is on the wall. First section ready for grout. I will wait to grout until everything is done. I really like it. Thanks for all of your encouragement and kind words...

http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s242/emtnest/Backsplash/

• texaswild
    15 years ago

GORGEOUS, and so professionally done. Girlie, you are G.O.O.D.!!!

• bearbubbacowboy
    15 years ago

OMG!!! It's beautimus!!!!!!!! Love the colors...go girl, Cathy

• rchovey
    15 years ago

WOW!! GREAT JOB! Very pretty.

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

So how was it doing around the outlets? Looks great already and the grout sure will be the finishing touch!

• emtnest
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well, the first one was easy, but today's was a bear. It just didn't want to cooperate. I had the glue on back and while hubby and I held it up to the wall sil was to pull the stuff through the hole... of course we didn't turn off electricity...(after all ya just pull it through and out a little bit) he got a couple of shocks, cuz there are two on that one..he didn't see the humour in my asking him to do that part. Took awhile for me to get it right, but it finally came... Here is a pic of today's work. I will fill in the little area on lower left.

• gibsona
    15 years ago

OMG! That's gorgeous!

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Professional job, to be sure, and so beautiful.

• klinger
    15 years ago

It's looking great, you've done a wonderful job, so glad you took the plunge,
    Cindy

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

You and Klinger make it look so easy!!! I already have tile up there...I wonder if I could just tile right over it?!

• Barbara Kelly
    15 years ago

That is absolutely beautiful. I can't imagine what that would cost to hire some one to do that. WTG!!!
    Makes me wish I had a backsplash... hmmmm

• emtnest
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks everyone... I'm liking it very much. Calamity I'm not too sure about tiling over tile... but was told should not tile over formica. Need the backerboard for it to grab onto..pry bar might be fun..lol

• laurastheme
    15 years ago

This is SO beautiful!! Very professional. Love the colors.

• emtnest
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OK, here are two more sections of the tile backsplash, hope I'm not boring anyone... as they are all pretty much alike...Thank you Klinger for encouraging me to go for it...I'm really loving it.. one more section and behind the oven and ready for grout!! Maybe next week for grout.. I'm really pooped out!

• suziqhew
    15 years ago

Great job. I didn't see the "before", but the "after" is stunning.

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

Beautiful! Its fun to see your progress around the kitchen.
    kathy

By the way I just paid to have some tile (marble) work done in the lobby of the building I manage. Thousands of dollars in labor cost. Today they start the floor. There is no doubt that you have saved a ton of money, plus you have had the opportunity to anticipate and make every design decision as they come up.

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Outstanding job. Like CONCRETE says - people get paid handsome sums for that kind of work.

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Absolutely stunning.
    I can see why you are pooped!
    The colors, patterns, all of it are just wonderful.

• klinger
    15 years ago

Wow, it's gorgeous, so glad you tackled this. It really adds a lot to the kitchen,
    Cindy

• emtnest
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Finally, the home stretch! Took 6 days! Gonna take off a week or two before tackling the grout.
    I'm so tired, but I love how it is coming. Thank you for all of your kind comments..Dottie

• texaswild
    15 years ago

That's so beautifully done, it looks grouted already. What a wonderful job you did. Betcha you're so proud of that, as well you should be. Professional job.

• katishooked
    15 years ago

This is so well done. You should be very proud of what you have accomplished. This will be a reward you will enjoy for many years.

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Wow. Isn't that the most stunning piece? I love the colors and how you've pieced it. GREAT! Can hardly wait to see more!

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

Beautiful job!!! Sheesh, I'm a S.L.U.G.!!!ha! But I would come help grout!!! I Luv Luv Luv to grout!

• klinger
    15 years ago

Wow, it's turned out so great, aren't you glad you did it? I am just loving the colors and design you did,
    Cindy

• emtnest
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you all for such kinds words...YES Cindy I am so happy with it, thanks to you... had I not seen yours I really don't think I would have attempted it. And, Calamity... I think you need to make a trip to California...and come help grout!!!! :)and... I will probably be in Canada but on the east side next fall... son and ddil are having a baby girl that I must go see.

• emtnest
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here is a link to full on views of my kitchen from photobucket. This is after all the stuff is put back, but still before grout...

Here is a link that might be useful: photobucket link

• texaswild
    15 years ago

OHMGOODNESS - you have to take it all down to GROUT??? Dream kitchen - blue is my color.

• emtnest
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Slow, I do it one section at a time so it's not that big of a deal... I know it will be backbreaking though to get up under those cabinets..

• bearbubbacowboy
    15 years ago

Very gorgeous! The colors are great!!!
    Just a wonderful job!!! Cathy

• roseandfox
    15 years ago

Hi, emtnest -- You DESERVE a break. What a job! My back hurts just from thinking about bending under the cabs for the installation. Love that cobalt blue, excellent combo of other colors. Looks like SMALL FORTUNE in fancy tile, but it sure came out wonderful!!

• klinger
    15 years ago

Gorgeous, I love all the colors you ended up with and those tiles are a knock out.
    cindy

• squirrellycanadian
    15 years ago

It turned out fantastic!! Love those tiles that look like copper! You must be sooooo happy!

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz