Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

millefiori website!!!!

Calamity_J
15 years ago

I am still totally obsessed with millifiore since seeing the stuff at Haciendo Mosaico's mosaic course Slow took!!! I had never known that milli could come in bigger sizes! Check this out!!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: millefiori

Comments (20)

• meadel
    15 years ago

funny that you posted this link.. I placed a order with them last Thursday !
    ( You must have sent me the vibes)

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Bookmarked this site, CALAM. I, too, was surprised at the sizes the teacher had. 'course, she's been to Murano several times, and buys like there's no tomorrow. I use it to fill holes now and then, but am too stingy to buy tons of it - like smalti. CALAM - Sam put a few of the larger pieces into the kiln. I put a cluster in and made a little flower for the center of the yellow flower in the PV piece.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I just checked out the tutorial about tinting white thinset and using it as the adhesive and grout...ooohhhh..aaahhhh!!!! LOVE the colors!!!

• bettycbowen
    15 years ago

This site is a regular for me. They are great to work with. Their tints are wonderful.

• shrty411
    15 years ago

Oh yeah, I can do serious damage to my budget there!! Love them and you don't have to sort through,just buy the color you want

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Meadel, have you got your order yet???Got Pics???!!!! Klinger and I ordered some goodies...it may take a while to get all the way to us up/over here!lol!

• gretch1964
    15 years ago

I love there site. I order and got mine. Now to play with it in something.

• fiddlekate
    15 years ago

Thanks for the link, Jane... especially about the tutorial! I've been using the "spread and smush" method on some stepping stones and was interested to see it used on a picture frame. Love the colors they used!
    Waiting to see what Lori got, too! :)

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Do show us a pic Gretch!!! We does like our drooly eye candies!!!(said with a Gollum voice)

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

Calamity thanks so much for the link. I can't believe they are in ORLANDO!! I feel a trip coming on.. oh me oh my... i'm going back to drool, LOL

• meadel
    15 years ago

I'll take some pics tomorrow in the light.

• katishooked
    15 years ago

I took the plunge and ordered a couple of the mixed sets. Received them Wed and am pleased. Not sure what they will be used for, but have them to use when I have a need for em.

• bettycbowen
    15 years ago

youall are making me smile. Fair warning. once you get started buying from MM, it'll be an ounce here, an ounce there, and you'll end up with a drawer full like me!!! They send out emails when they get new stuff. Don't miss their little butterflies.

I've been looking at Murrine or murrini also, and there are quite a few people making it themselves, so that is an extra fun thing to use I think. I haven't bought any yet. I found one that has numbers, but I don't need so many. I'd love to put the date in my backsplash --- whatever year I actually finish that is.

I put one of Murano Millefiori's stars in my backsplash to mark the day my stepdaughter finished police academy, and her partner said, well how about a teacher apple for me? so I started looking for an apple and a month of googling later, found this site! I think they may actually be pumpkins, but if I put green behind them it should bring out the red.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bridgetown Glass

• meadel
    15 years ago

OMG.. Betty~ I cringe when I get those emails.. I have no restraint for the stuff. Do you think they drug it? I am addicted.. I love to just play with it. It's a sickness .. Now I just went to that Bridgetown site.. I am having palpitations.. ( I think you're a pusher) : )
    Sorry, I keep meaning to take photos.. Hopefully there will be some sun tomorrow. I want to use some good light while I play with my " preccioouusssssssss"

• meadel
    15 years ago

Did you say butterflies..

( I am not going to look.. I am not going to look)
    Dang..

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

Ok,Betty- where are the butterflies??/ I can't find them, but I did see some really cool looking starfishes, at least they look like them. oohh soo pretty.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    15 years ago

THANK YOU LADIES!!! For showing me I'm not the only one!!!lol! Klinger and I are awaiting our order....

• meadel
    15 years ago

{{!gwi}}
    Now..Can't YOU ALL see the resemblance ???
    {{!gwi}}

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Meadel, Cindy and I just got our shipment and here is a sample of the Motherload I got!!! I put a quarter in among these babies, to show how dang big they are, I see you got some bigguns too!!! I can't believe the size!!!! I'm in Heaven!!! Cindy and I think ours look like those licorice candies people always had in their candy dishes!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    15 years ago

These have got to be my newest thrill!!! I just gotta look at em every day!!! I know exactly what I'm doing with them too, a bird bath my DD gave me for M-Day a few yrs ago.

Sponsored
Above Board Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Custom Deck & Outdoor Enclosure Solutions in Loudoun County