Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
orlandi_gw

gryphon ring saw

orlandi
15 years ago

would like comments on the Gryphon ring saw; good and bad points. Please Email me at Lee_Orlandi2003@msn.com

My deepest thanks for your efforts.

orlandi

Comments (3)

• barrell
    15 years ago

So far my experience hasnt been good. I recived my saw form an online siplier and it wouldnt run. The manufacturer had me send back the upper motor part and replaced it. I got the 4 free grinding bits and he threw in a free ring blade for my problems. I just recieved the new motor housing and the packaging wasnt very good. The fuse cover was broken and I asm calling them tommorrow. I tried the saw because it did run and when it started with force the handle which snaps together cam eunsnapped from the vibration at start up. I ducktaped it shut but the vibration still causes a lot of left to right movement in the blade. Maybe as much as an 1/8 inch. I did manage to cut and amazing spiral out of a piece of scrap. So I kmnow I want a ring saw I just know if I should have got the red one insted. Im going to give them another shot to send me another motor housing that doesnt vibrate so bad. It seems to me Gryphoons plastic parts are not molded with the precision you would excpect at this price range.

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

I got news for ya Barrel, Gemini's saws are no more precision for the money either. a plastic saw is a plastic saw is a plastic saw. My 1st taurus was so warped it would have flung the blade out of the raceway if I had been silly enough to even try it. There's a reason why these companies don't balk over exchanges - they are used to it. And I'll tell ya what - if I had the problem you had with your Gryphon - no way I'd let them replace one portion on a brand new machine. send the whole thing back

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

I have a taurus 3 ring saw and love it. I "found" a gryphon saw...which is a funny story, cuz I know the owner!!! She thought I wouldn't want it cuz I have a Taurus, she threw her gryphon out and bought the taurus, there is no blade for the gryphon, and would cost $60 for a blade, and now I know what is wrong with the gryphon, the blade keeps coming off, so I may "pass" it on to someone who has the time and patience to fix it.

Sponsored
Old Dominion Kitchen Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
Loudoun County's Kitchen & Bath Design Experts | Best of Houzz 3x