Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my house numbers

Posted by nicethyme (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 24, 13 at 0:11

we got our house resided last year and my husband said I could make a mosaic house number plaque

house numbers

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my house numbers

And you did a fabulous job too. It's quite unique - never saw one quite like it. Love the TG/mottled background and the ball chain. That ball chain has changed the look of mosaics lately. Beautiful job, NT. BTW - hur husband has come a looooooooong way, huh? I've seen several husbands change their minds, once they saw the quality of the wife's work.

o

ooh yeah, for him to let anything be hung on the house much less my art - he's really supportive compared to when I 1st started.

lol - you should have seen his face when I handed him the check I got for teaching a one day mo class. Leading up to it, he was hemming and hawing over the expenditures and didn't seem to understand that I was selling those items! It was a nice chunk of change!

o

So polished and professional looking; I love it!

o

Yes very cool looking Yes professional looking.

o

Beautiful work!! When and where did you have your class in MO?

o

I learned mosaic here on this forum. I've since taken a mosaic portrait workshop by Carol Shelkin

http://www.carolshelkinmosaics.com/

and a workshop with Susan Crocenzi on polymer clay and TG

http://scmosaics.com/home.html

oh wait DUH! you mean when did I teach one? lol Just at a local art school/ studio asked me

http://mullanyartstudios.wordpress.com/studio-classes/new-winter-2013-classes-and-workshops-for-adults/

it was apparently good enough that all the students want to do it again and more ppl are inquiring so might go again in April or May

This post was edited by nicethyme on Thu, Feb 28, 13 at 13:12

o

Wow, gorgeous! I like how you didn't just do numbers on a rectangle (like I would have, LOL). This is way more interesting and stylish. Great job!

o

VERY NICE!!! I have a converted hubby too! ;-) Congrats again on the workshop stuff! We have a burl with house numbers out front and it is very sad looking these days and I have already gotten the go ahead from hubby to redo an address sign, just gotta get going on my To Do List!!! I really like the big numbers you did!

o

That is beautiful! Very nice work - understated, yet complex!
Becky

o

when I finally get it up on the house I'll get a pic of it from the road and ya all will see why the numbers had to be big

o

That is beautiful. What is the ball chain border? How is it applied? It give a very finished look to your project.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here