Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

WIP pics ... plus funny suff

toomuchglass
12 years ago

I adore clydesdales.... here's the pic I'm using :

{{!gwi}}

Here's my WIP so far . I enlarged the pic on my printer - thought I'd cheat & get all the shading and glue it to my backing . Wrong ! Didn't happen .I got the outline but hardly any shading. So I spray glued the pic in the frame & worked from that. I had to use my imagination alot ! Here it is so far :

{{!gwi}}

I want to get most of this done by the weekend ...I'm having a Hysterectomy on Tuesday & I'm not sure whether I'll be able to bend over to work on it..

I have been laughing and swearing the last couple hours while doing this. I wanted some gold balls as fancy decorations on the harness. All I had were gold "Magnetic" beads. ( Bought for a project I never did ) so I used them on here. Those damn things had a mind of their own .I'd get them placed down in the glue and suddenly they'd repel each other and move. I'd look away - look back and they got all wonky by themselves. I tried to turn them so the holes wouldn't be on top . Nope -- they just stuck to each other any way they wanted. I even had one *travel* an inch away to another bead ! It was like I had ghosts helping me ! LOLOLL

I can't wait to get this surgery done so I can get back to normal. I have ton more Clydesdales mosiacs planned - but absolutely no more magnetic beads !!! LOL

Comments (11)

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

Oh Kathy!!! That is AWESOME!!! I had a hysterectomy almost 2yrs ago, and was recommended a website called hystersisters and it is super good! I was so amazed how helpful it was!!! Anyhoo, love how this is looking, and how super fast you are!

• nicethyme
    12 years ago

OMGosh, Toomuch, its looking FANTASTIC! WOW... good luck with your surgery,, ~~~~~ healing vibes ~~~~~~

• cathyscache
    12 years ago

Going to be beautiful!!! Good luck w/the surgery..I had one years ago. Best thing I ever did!!!

• kayjones
    12 years ago

I had mine in 1995 - I did fine and so will you!

• texaswild
    12 years ago

Well if you don't beat all. Girlie, this is truly magnificent. GEESH - you're talented. No way could I do that, and my DD wants me to make a mosaic of a horse of which she took a picture when she was a Road Nurse here. I don't know where to start. I sooooooo love what you've done already, and w/follow w/interest. You made ME LOL at your description of the beads. GO Girl. When I had that surgery done, it wasn't so bad that I couldn't do hand work. You'll do fine.

• oldcrafty
    12 years ago

amazing!!!!! This is really going to be amazing. Had a hysterectomy a few years back, didn't keep me down long. And as if that didn't remove enough womanhood I then had to have a double mastectomy. Just a little less weight to carry around!! You'll do fine.((((((HUGS)))))))

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everyone ! I'm hoping this uterus weighs about 30 pounds so I can blame that for all my excess weight ~~LOL

• nanatricia
    12 years ago

That is looking so great I love it!!!!

• becky_ia
    12 years ago

This is going to be fantastic! And WOW you are so very talented. I love watching your progress and that is way too funny about the magnetic beads! It is if they were trying to tell you something.

Prayers and best wishes for a successful surgery that doesn't keep you down for very long...we are impatient to see more!

becky

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

My hubby moved a bed that Klinger gave me(sits up like a hospital bed), out to the living room so I could watch tv and be around people(I had slaves!lol!) Plus I was right by the window and could watch the birds. Just don't try to do too much too soon. I also bought a belly band and it Really helped. Anyhoo, I am so enjoying this horse! You are doing him proud!!!

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

The horse is fantastic! Good luck with your operation.
    Kathy