Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WIP, my fifth Outer Space mosaic

Posted by silvamae (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 8, 14 at 23:18

Ready to grout; will use black grout. 26 inches across. This was a large shallow wooden bowl that will now hang on the wall. Stained glass, iron pyrite flower, vintage jewelry, pearls, semi-precious stones, amethyst, crystals, glass cabs, glass globs, glass beads, pottery shards.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WIP, my fifth Outer Space mosaic

ooooh wow, I 'm really liking this

o

Wow, it's really 'out of this world ' beautiful !
I love the center!

o

Really beautiful!!!! May I ask......what type of adhesive do you use for a project like this? I purchased a shallow wooden bowl at the resale shop recently and didn't have a clue as what to do with it! I'm clueless as to how you manage to get grout cleaned up from jewelry parts and other items with tiny crevices. I have seen others do pieces with jewelry and that has always amazed me as to HOW do you clean that up!

o

Cool! I love it.

You have a great eye when it comes to putting one of these together.

o

Thank you all for your comments. I use MAC glue for just about everything (except outdoors; then I use mortar). Cleaning up grout on something like this is quite the challenge. I grout as usual but then I clean like mad, and some things get left behind, buried forever. I use sponges, then terrycloth rags, then cosmetic brushes, and sometimes toothpicks, to try and get everything clean. I think on this one, I will grout in sections; it is too stressful to cover the entire piece and then try to clean it all off at once.

o

Wonderful!
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here