Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I bought a fantastic bottle cutter !

Posted by toomuchglass (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 25, 13 at 21:24

Hey everyone ! Nice to check in again ! I've been in such a slump , it wasn't even a slump , it was worse than a slump . The heat of last summer sucked the life out of me . I've been in a terrible mindset since then. I turned into a couch- potato- zombie. ( My butt was growing wider by the minute,too )

I'm finally - slowly - getting back to normal. DH encouraged me by putting up rods over every window , so I can make a million suncatchers and hang them up :) I'm gearing up now ! Now - if I can get my creativity back - I'll be in business. I have a few projects on my desk waiting to be finished ...I'm on a "slow roll" ! LOL

Here's what I'm excited about ---- a bottle cutter I saw on TV . I don't think I've ever known a bottle cutter to work like they say it does , but I saw the demo on this and I had to have it .
It's called " The Kinkajou " . I think it's from
Canada ! The guy that invented this really thought it through & simplified it . I've cut through 4 bottles already . Glass being glass --- some bottles didn't work out , but the ones that did ,were awesome !

No , I'm not spamming ! LOL I just thought you'd like to see it :)

Here is a link that might be useful: the Kinkajou cool bottle cutter

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I bought a fantastic bottle cutter !

OMG that is cool,,, I think I need one too!lol yep I'm sure I do

o

LOL ---- another toy !!!! ROFL !!

o

Wow, that is so cool. I NEED one. Thanks for telling us about it. I have a bottle cutter and it is packed away somewhere; didn't work worth a flip. I want this one.

o

Pretty nifty, but too slow for me - w/stick to the tile saw method.

o

Ooh, that looks fun. I've admired bottles with glam tess on them.

Do post your sun catchers! I've fiddled around with them, but haven't finished anything. I don't seem to be able to finish anything lately.

o

I had to order one!! Looks so easy! Thanks for the tip.

o

How cool! I like something that works fast, so have done as Slow says, used my tile saw, but this would give a clean straight line! And this looks like it would be fast too!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here