Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
peacock tray wip

Posted by nicethyme (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 4, 10 at 21:00

I got a commission by doing the Christmas artisan market, the request was for a tray with something peacockISH under TG

I started painting yesterday and today adding foils and gems. I'll try to let this cure thoroughly before I mosaic it.

peac1

peac2

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: peacock tray wip

Looking good .

o

OH OH OH!!! PEACOCK!!!! You KNOW how I LOVE anything peacock!!! This is gonna be sooo Yummy! Eye Candy!!!YES!!!

o

Goin to be BEAUTIFUL!!!! Love it!!

o

Can't wait to see this finished. Wow, how pretty it will be under TG.

o

And she's off and running again w/a beautiful original. Fascinating!!!

o

OK what is TG? As you can see, I'm a newbie & look at everything that you guys do here. Have learned so much, so thanks. I think it looks good now so can't wait to see it finished.

o

Hey, FL: TG is tempered glass - the glass on car windows, store fronts, shower doors etc. Check it out on Google. There are several artists that use it quite extensively.

o

yeah Mo Ringey comes to mind, google "fridge queen" to see TG used in the most amazing manner. lol

somehow - I hand an inkling that Janey would appreciate this one! lol

all glassed as of yesterday, should be able to grout by tomorrow I think.

Peacock under ice???

o

WOW! (Been saying that a lot lately!lol) This is gonna be a fav of mine for sure!!! Peacocks, chickens...you've gone to the birds!lol!

o

That is turning out great .Loving it.

o

its claering up really fast, I might be able to grout in a few days

o

Oh wow! That is awesome.

o

OOOOH LA LA!!!!! Very nice indeed!!!!!!!!

o

Oh, Oh so pretty. Nice job.

o

is done

peacock tray

o

Absolutey beautiful!!!!! If you don't mind me asking how much did you ask for the amazing piece? I love it....I really gotta get me some TG....Think I'll make some calls today...

o

I've got 6 dollars into it, selling it for 30 seems fair enough. after all its just a tray

o

Did you use blue grout or is this a color wash? LOVELY!!! I came across a round glass tabletop, like the kind you use on those cheap partical board round accent tables...and when I held it up horizonally, I SAW a background for a peacocks tail feathers!!!heh heh! For an outdoor project of course!

o

OMG that will be so Cool! yeah I went over it with blue and green, both mixed with opalescent medium

o

OHGOODGRIEF!!!!!!!! That is sooooooooooo beautiful. You are something else.

o

This tray is gorgeous. Color combos are right on.

Kat

o

That turned out very pretty!!

o

very cool tray. sold it already? won't u have ur breakfast on it?
:)

o

OMG! That is one AWESOME piece. You did a great job. I have a top from a patio table that is TG so guess I will breaking it up!

o

Well that is certainly peacockish and lovely!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here