Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WIP 'Mother Nature Overlooking Her Garden'

Posted by rchovey (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 8, 08 at 20:43

I've started on the little chair from months ago...it will be an indoor plant stand some day.

Before:
beginning

WIP:
WIP
Back detail:
wip3

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WIP 'Mother Nature Overlooking Her Garden'

OMG this is fun but I am so glad that you have to grout it, not me!! Can't wait to see more. Those roses that climb the outside of back - are they magnets?

o

OH your chair is going to be darling. I agree the grouting might not be fun. I love all the roses and little birds and the frog!! How cute!!!

Chris

o

I'm with Andrea, glad I don't have to grout it!! I love all the stuff on it though!!So many cool little things!!

Maria

o

DELIGHTFUL!!!!!!

o

Oh...not looking forward to grouting! Will be piping the grout for sure.

andrea_2, the roses are from shower curtain hooks.

o

VERY CUTE!!! It's coming along nicely!!!

o

It is looking so cute!!! I have my middle eastern chair 3/4 done!! Man you will be cleaning grout for a looong time!!!! Its very whimsy and fun!!!

o

Very cool, but a little creepy. "mother nature" looks like my MIL!!LOL

o

Looking good, can't wait to see it all done..

o

Boy, is that ever going to be cute! and really fragile.
I don't know if it could stand a grouting from me!haha

Hazie

o

Looking good, can't wait to see it all done..

o

Really cute.love your name and all the little goodies.looks like it should be on a porch with a plant.Adorable!!!

o

Mother Nature is one colorful lady! It's such a fun chair!
I really like all the birds, oh, and the roses and the turtle and the......well, I just like it all!

o

That is soo cooool! I love the roses! And I love that you put decorations all over. Great idea!
Cait

o
It's SO cute!!!

I can't wait to see it finished!

o

Your garden chair is going to be awesome! Great work and going to be fun grouting for sure!

Becky

o

Having just completed the Queen of a grouting nightmare, I don't envy you AT ALL, but you'll get it done, and it'll be wonderful. Nice start. I like how you used the squigglies. I never seem to find a place for them, but your arrangement is ideal.

o

Looks like you are having a great time with this chair. Very whimisical!

o

I love the birds and the turtle that looks like it's trying to climb on the chair. That was a great find.

o

Your Mother Nature chair is adorable. It is so colorful~ Can't wait to see it finished.

o

May the force be with you grouting...what a great fun project......love all the embellishments!!!

o

Shower curtain hooks - who'da thunk it? Now I've got something else to shop for!

Looking back at the pictures I noticed what a tidy work area you have. I envy that, but I don't know if I could keep it up. I clean my bench every so often, which really means whenever I'm down to a tiny work area.

o

How fun that is turning out to be! What a good imagination you have; could never put that together and make it turn out as well as you do! (I've already kept your great idea about the shower curtain hooks from a previous post.)

o
rchovey did you ever finish this? I came across this

in my bookmarks today. I remember it looked so cool and I was excited to see it finished, so I bookmarked it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here