Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rchovey_gw

WIP 'Mother Nature Overlooking Her Garden'

rchovey
16 years ago

I've started on the little chair from months ago...it will be an indoor plant stand some day.

Before:

WIP:

Back detail:

Comments (24)

• andrea_2
    16 years ago

OMG this is fun but I am so glad that you have to grout it, not me!! Can't wait to see more. Those roses that climb the outside of back - are they magnets?

• Shades_of_idaho
    16 years ago

OH your chair is going to be darling. I agree the grouting might not be fun. I love all the roses and little birds and the frog!! How cute!!!

Chris

• shrty411
    16 years ago

I'm with Andrea, glad I don't have to grout it!! I love all the stuff on it though!!So many cool little things!!

Maria

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

DELIGHTFUL!!!!!!

• rchovey
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh...not looking forward to grouting! Will be piping the grout for sure.

andrea_2, the roses are from shower curtain hooks.

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

VERY CUTE!!! It's coming along nicely!!!

• chickeemama
    16 years ago

It is looking so cute!!! I have my middle eastern chair 3/4 done!! Man you will be cleaning grout for a looong time!!!! Its very whimsy and fun!!!

• bamasusanna
    16 years ago

Very cool, but a little creepy. "mother nature" looks like my MIL!!LOL

• gretch1964
    16 years ago

Looking good, can't wait to see it all done..

• haziemoon
    16 years ago

Boy, is that ever going to be cute! and really fragile.
    I don't know if it could stand a grouting from me!haha

Hazie

• gretch1964
    16 years ago

Looking good, can't wait to see it all done..

• crackpotannie
    16 years ago

Really cute.love your name and all the little goodies.looks like it should be on a porch with a plant.Adorable!!!

• cindiloo
    16 years ago

Mother Nature is one colorful lady! It's such a fun chair!
    I really like all the birds, oh, and the roses and the turtle and the......well, I just like it all!

• cait1
    16 years ago

That is soo cooool! I love the roses! And I love that you put decorations all over. Great idea!
    Cait

• phish_gw
    16 years ago

I can't wait to see it finished!

• becky_ia
    16 years ago

Your garden chair is going to be awesome! Great work and going to be fun grouting for sure!

Becky

• texaswild
    16 years ago

Having just completed the Queen of a grouting nightmare, I don't envy you AT ALL, but you'll get it done, and it'll be wonderful. Nice start. I like how you used the squigglies. I never seem to find a place for them, but your arrangement is ideal.

• d3bbi
    16 years ago

Looks like you are having a great time with this chair. Very whimisical!

• siriusmosaics
    16 years ago

I love the birds and the turtle that looks like it's trying to climb on the chair. That was a great find.

• cacbeary
    16 years ago

Your Mother Nature chair is adorable. It is so colorful~ Can't wait to see it finished.

• stjohnsgypsy
    16 years ago

May the force be with you grouting...what a great fun project......love all the embellishments!!!

• andrea_2
    16 years ago

Shower curtain hooks - who'da thunk it? Now I've got something else to shop for!

Looking back at the pictures I noticed what a tidy work area you have. I envy that, but I don't know if I could keep it up. I clean my bench every so often, which really means whenever I'm down to a tiny work area.

• diytrying
    16 years ago

How fun that is turning out to be! What a good imagination you have; could never put that together and make it turn out as well as you do! (I've already kept your great idea about the shower curtain hooks from a previous post.)

• phish_gw
    15 years ago

in my bookmarks today. I remember it looked so cool and I was excited to see it finished, so I bookmarked it!

Sponsored