Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seahorse King WIP

Posted by calamity_j (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 24, 11 at 20:31

Hauled in the seahorse...am thinking some wings and maybe a crown to make him the King of The SeaHorses...The gnome is getting repaired and a paint job, will be posting him on the garden junk side!
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seahorse King WIP

So many possibilities with the seahorse! I love seahorses, this will be fun and I am sure he was meant for wings.

o

OOPs, I meant to say fins!lol! I am using the same wedi board I used for the faerey wings and so said wings instead of fins...

o

I see awesome coming on strong!!! What a neat idea. Your fairy turned out so nice this will surely be a real piece of work also. Good luck on that gnome......he looks like a real challenge

o

I love that seahorse! It is so awesome. How are you going to fix the gnome? I am curious because I have a little garden girl whose feet broke off to fix.
I Love looking at your workroom too-that star in the corner is the bomb,and your cross up on the wall!

o

I can't wait to see this when you are finished or in the process. Gosh your work area is soo organized.

o

or fins, either way - fabulous!

o

So I am using a cement product called "instant water plug" that I bought at a thrift store, so far I used it on the faerey and gnomes to fill in holes(leperosy) and add noses/wings/beards and now feet and fins!lol!
This spring clean up of my house and art room has sure inspired me!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm feeling like a lot of my brainstorms/projects are gonna be doable this year!!!

o

Wow, that is going to be so cool!!!! Please post pictures of your progress as you go!

o

Look at that great fin! fantastic. And thanks for showing me the gnome repair.

o

Gave my gnomie a pair of cement boots!ha! Just to beef the "thin" ankles problem...lol! Fins are coming nicely too! I think this seahorse will be "Over The Top"!! I just Know I'm gonna do him in green mirror!!! He has just GOT to BLING!?!
Photobucket

o

You beat all. Gonna enjoy this project. Glad to see you back - have missed you immensely.

o

Adding the final fin layout, was gonna go more, but am a less is best mode these days...
Photobucket
DD says he is getting a dragon/seahorse theme going on!lol!

o

Lookin' VERY good, and CALAM - ity!!!

o

Yup, He looks like he needs a trip to Mexico...wish I could go too!

o

Miss Jane how tall is your seahorse? I'm guessing at least 3 ft tall...you and Slow are the masters of add ons...lookin good!!!

o

Im loving what you have going on on his head there. your imagination is wonderful.

o

Yup, 3ft tall seahorse....and this cool face for a future project!

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Lookin' good girlie! The face - got ideas yet on how you'll use that little beauty? I have a whole bunch of faces made from left over grout/mortar and just plain mortar - yesterday from mortaring a planter. Think I'll use them on a Riana-style totem, but the inspiration picture in my head hasn't shown up yet. Got any message to Riana you wanna send, CALAM? I'll be seeing her on Saturday. I'm so anxious to get there. I soooooo wish you and KLINGER could have gone this year.

o

Hi Slow, I've sent you an email. Hoping to see you for a Margarita, or two, lol.
Cindy

o

I couldn't believe my eyes when I got that message - responded immediately. I am sooooooo glad to see that. There'll be more than two - I haven't been drinking cuz of the diet, and I plan to break that spell for that week for sure.

o

OH You TWO Have some fun for me!!!! And give Rhianna and Sam a hug for me!!! Some one on the Garden Junk side called this a Sea Serpent...and I kinda like that...a lot!

o

Awesome WIPS Jane !
I was happy to see the gnome up on his feet.
( it looked like some seahorse did some serious gnome carnage )
You guys still Rock !

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here