Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

Seahorse King WIP

Calamity_J
13 years ago

Hauled in the seahorse...am thinking some wings and maybe a crown to make him the King of The SeaHorses...The gnome is getting repaired and a paint job, will be posting him on the garden junk side!

{{gwi:130614}}

Comments (22)

• astara
    13 years ago

So many possibilities with the seahorse! I love seahorses, this will be fun and I am sure he was meant for wings.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OOPs, I meant to say fins!lol! I am using the same wedi board I used for the faerey wings and so said wings instead of fins...

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

I see awesome coming on strong!!! What a neat idea. Your fairy turned out so nice this will surely be a real piece of work also. Good luck on that gnome......he looks like a real challenge

• wackyweeder
    13 years ago

I love that seahorse! It is so awesome. How are you going to fix the gnome? I am curious because I have a little garden girl whose feet broke off to fix.
    I Love looking at your workroom too-that star in the corner is the bomb,and your cross up on the wall!

• glassgypsy
    13 years ago

I can't wait to see this when you are finished or in the process. Gosh your work area is soo organized.

• astara
    13 years ago

or fins, either way - fabulous!

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    13 years ago

So I am using a cement product called "instant water plug" that I bought at a thrift store, so far I used it on the faerey and gnomes to fill in holes(leperosy) and add noses/wings/beards and now feet and fins!lol!
    This spring clean up of my house and art room has sure inspired me!!!

{{gwi:130616}}

{{gwi:130617}}

I'm feeling like a lot of my brainstorms/projects are gonna be doable this year!!!

• jenel
    13 years ago

Wow, that is going to be so cool!!!! Please post pictures of your progress as you go!

• wackyweeder
    13 years ago

Look at that great fin! fantastic. And thanks for showing me the gnome repair.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Gave my gnomie a pair of cement boots!ha! Just to beef the "thin" ankles problem...lol! Fins are coming nicely too! I think this seahorse will be "Over The Top"!! I just Know I'm gonna do him in green mirror!!! He has just GOT to BLING!?!
    {{gwi:130618}}

• texaswild
    13 years ago

You beat all. Gonna enjoy this project. Glad to see you back - have missed you immensely.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Adding the final fin layout, was gonna go more, but am a less is best mode these days...
    {{gwi:130621}}
    DD says he is getting a dragon/seahorse theme going on!lol!

• texaswild
    13 years ago

Lookin' VERY good, and CALAM - ity!!!

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yup, He looks like he needs a trip to Mexico...wish I could go too!

• emtnest
    13 years ago

Miss Jane how tall is your seahorse? I'm guessing at least 3 ft tall...you and Slow are the masters of add ons...lookin good!!!

• wackyweeder
    13 years ago

Im loving what you have going on on his head there. your imagination is wonderful.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yup, 3ft tall seahorse....and this cool face for a future project!

{{gwi:130622}}

{{gwi:130623}}

• texaswild
    13 years ago

Lookin' good girlie! The face - got ideas yet on how you'll use that little beauty? I have a whole bunch of faces made from left over grout/mortar and just plain mortar - yesterday from mortaring a planter. Think I'll use them on a Riana-style totem, but the inspiration picture in my head hasn't shown up yet. Got any message to Riana you wanna send, CALAM? I'll be seeing her on Saturday. I'm so anxious to get there. I soooooo wish you and KLINGER could have gone this year.

• klinger
    13 years ago

Hi Slow, I've sent you an email. Hoping to see you for a Margarita, or two, lol.
    Cindy

• texaswild
    13 years ago

I couldn't believe my eyes when I got that message - responded immediately. I am sooooooo glad to see that. There'll be more than two - I haven't been drinking cuz of the diet, and I plan to break that spell for that week for sure.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OH You TWO Have some fun for me!!!! And give Rhianna and Sam a hug for me!!! Some one on the Garden Junk side called this a Sea Serpent...and I kinda like that...a lot!

• meadel
    13 years ago

Awesome WIPS Jane !
    I was happy to see the gnome up on his feet.
    ( it looked like some seahorse did some serious gnome carnage )
    You guys still Rock !

Sponsored
Through The Garden, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
#1 Landscape Design Build Firm Serving Virginia/Maryland & DC Area