Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is cheapest place to find mosaicable lawn ornaments?

Posted by phish (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 13, 13 at 20:17

I'd like to mosaic a lawn ornament but find them to be quite pricey. Has anyone found a cheap place to buy them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is cheapest place to find mosaicable lawn ornaments?

Don't know what kind of "ornaments" you want to mosaic, but you KNOW what I do. You can also use polystyrene. Check out Sherri Warner Hunter's book on building with it.

o

are you looking for concrete items?

o

I'd think you'd just need to search thrift stores and garage sales. I'd be careful with places like Wal-Mart, Lowes etc. Lots of these ornaments are made out of plastics and resins. Not sure how well they would hold up to the weather. You want to make sure your base is made out of concrete and is not coated with anything that's going to wear off, like paint.

o

Garden centers, nurseries usually have concrete statues. Do a Google search for concrete statuary in your area. Never have found a cheap hobby.

o

WATCH OUT!!! My life changed from thinking I needed to find garden statues to mosaic!!!! LOL! I ended up taking a course that changed my LIFE! HA!Look at Rianna!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: How to make garden statues!

o

sometimes you can find a concrete casting company and they'll sell wholesale to you if you buy enough all at once... But I'm more likely to follow Calam and Slow's examples and make my own stuff

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here