Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katishooked

TG Stepping stone

katishooked
15 years ago

This is my first attempt with TG. Have been so leery to try it. I had painted the stone with kilz primer about 2 weeks ago. So Sunday I decided to get my designs on it and then I painted it. After that was dried I put GEII on it then laid the TG down. My my why did I wait so long. I have some touch ups to do and wish I could get a better(closer) pic. But maybe this will give you an idea how it looks.{{!gwi}}{{!gwi}}

Comments (7)

• nanatricia
    15 years ago

What a great job you did good!It is so much fun isn't it

• charmo
    15 years ago

It is beautiful, very good work! But what is TG and where do you get it?

• meadel
    15 years ago

This came out just beautiful !
    Your painting is great! Too pretty to step on !
    How was working with silicone and TG?
    Are you going to grout?

@charmo: TG is tempered glass. ( I got mine from an old storm door window)

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

Isn't TG fun? You'll be hooked now! Your stepping stone is awesome! I'm interested about whether you're planning on grouting, also.

• katishooked
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh man this is fun and so easy. The sheet of tg that i used didn't go all the way to the bottom, so had to fitglass on bottom. When I get done with the touchups I will prob grout those areas. The tg fits so tightly I'm not sure grout would get betwenn glass. And thanks all for your supporting comments. I have learned so much from this forum, and am still learning.
    Meadel I just squeezed a bunch od GEII on the stone, spread it around and then laid down the sheet of TG. quick

• charmo
    15 years ago

One more question on TG! Can you use car windows? I was reading on the net that all windows on a car are safety glass, the windshield is "laminated" and the side and back windows are tempered. Can they all be used for TG? Also, did you put glue on the glass before you broke it so it stays together? Lastly, then I imagine you kinda try to put a "bigger" sheet of it on your tessarae not small pieces by small pieces? Thanks for the tricks of the trade!

• katishooked
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Charm this is the first time I used tg, so if some of the experts want to jump in that's fine. From my research all but windshield are TG and can be used. I have read posts that do their TG differently. Mine I got from a gal in SC. On the home page you can search tempered glass for instructions. The prep and breaking I have no tried yet. I put the glue on the stone. The tg glass that I acquired was stuck to contact paper to hold the glass in place. I then put the glass over th GEII, trimmed, and pressed down real good. I think the idea in keeping tg together is to do bigger areas. Hope this helps. Don't forget to search TG for more info.

Kathy

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz