Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Red Bottle Plaque

Posted by slowmedown (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 15, 11 at 19:05

Made this to cover a nail hole left by the blue bottle plaque that I sold. Had the clear glass bottles for years, so thinned w/terp some crimson oil paint and swirled it around to cover the inside. Rest is flea mkt finds gathered for years, a Christmas ornament bottom left and other areas, parts from my junk jewelry box and two pieces of jewelry I made in the workshop in PV last year. Two pieces of beautiful glass above and below the row of metal hearts came in a care pkg. from CALAMITY and KLINGER a couple yrs. ago. Wish I had room in my tv room to hang it cuz it has a heart-shaped candle shelter on the bottom. Forgot to put it in for the picture.
Red Plaque

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Red Bottle Plaque

Slow I really love you plaque it turned out great!!I want to do something like that for my bed room just has not spoke to me yet.

o

Thanks, NANA. I've found that after I start a project, it starts talking to me. Take out your focal piece today, plunk it on a piece of plank, and start your project. I admit I'm low on inspiration lately. Hoping my trip to PV next month fixes that for awhile.

o

This is really beautiful. You inspire me to broaden my horizon and try something other than a design drawn out on a board or a frying pan! Thank you

o

Thats soo nice!

o

Many thanks, y'all.

o

Amazingly beautiful. I think it might be one of my favorite pieces. The bottles are so out of the ordinary and worked in soooo beautifully. Thanks for implanting another idea in my head.....maybe soon I will get back on the mosaic band wagon and get something done!

o

Really beautiful. Wish we still used such bottles. Nothing could come out of the 2.5 L Coca Cola PET's I've been having?
NICE!

o

Betcha I could find a way to use them. Thanks for the compliment. CRAFTY: I'm low on inspiration lately too, but keep plugging away - it'll come soon.

o

Oh, I really like that! The red bottles are lovely & love the red candle holder at the bottom. Very nice work!

o

Sheesh! I thought I had commented on this, I LOVE red! And it really pops with that great blue! And I like those cool little critters in the foreground!

o

Thanks, y'all. CALAM: They are part of Suzie's Painted Pony collection. Check them out on Google. They now have Painted Cows too.

o

Its beauteous! I love your style.
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here