Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

A flourecent 3d mosaic

Calamity_J
13 years ago

Say that fast 3x!heh heh! So I scored this box for a dollar at the thrift store...just HAD to, cuz it was so eye catching! And saw the rounded top and thought... "Flowers"! So I am making a 3d flower arraingement on a spraypainted window(also bought for $1) and this will be for the other side of my Orange flower gog arbor.

{{gwi:130025}}

Comments (13)

• astara
    13 years ago

That looks fun. The yellow round pieces look edible!!! Cant wait to see it finished.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Boy I'm having fun using my dull ring saw for this....I have kept meaning to change my blade, but glad I didn't cuz this is working just fine, and I get some more use out of the blade before I change it! This is a pic of the arbor project, this part is going to the far right, other side of the arbor. I have a nice planted garden bed in front of the sunflower, with 5 clematises growing around the gog and a nice orange rose right under the gog! Orange tulips are gonna bloom in the spring!
    I'm thinking hostas and clematises for the other side.

Oh ya, and I am thinking green bottles above/along the gog part!

• astara
    13 years ago

Absolutely Beautiful! I am green (and orange) with envy. I always love Hostas they will be gorgeous.

• wackyweeder
    13 years ago

Only you would come up with that Jane! It looks awesome!

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I haven't figured the rest out yet so we all will be suprised!lol! Like I wanna do the back too as it will be seen from behind too. But this stuff is soooo bright, it even surpasses stained glass!ha! I may have a new medium to be working with!ha!
    {{gwi:130026}}

• texaswild
    13 years ago

Well of all things. You mean you cut that orange plastic box up w/your ring saw????????????? As WACKY said, only you have the imagination to come up w/this project. LOVED seeing your orange flower/arbor again. Sure w/love to visit you. Those orange 3-D flowers are outstanding. I wouldn't have thought of standing the petals up. Brilliant!!!

• emtnest
    13 years ago

Cool Jane...you are so innovative...and creative!!!

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

Yes those are cool!!!

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    13 years ago

This is sorta the finished product...this happens to be about 14"wide and 30"tall, front is flowers, back is GOD, as it has a sloped terraced yard behind it, and this will be something nice to look up to!!! It is a bit plain, but will stand alone with it's brilliant orange, and will be placed in a trellis and nice flowers planted there, so it didn't need to be over the top.

{{gwi:130027}}

{{gwi:130029}}

You can't tell but the words are raised off the window, so you get a better effect of the flourecentness.I think it will stand out when I am down in the yard...20,30 40ft away.(terraced yard)

• astara
    13 years ago

I cant believe you made that with a little orange box!!! You are so very creative. :0

• texaswild
    13 years ago

They are already "over the top". You beat all I've ever seen - w/your ideas and imagination. You inspire me.

• jenel
    13 years ago

Wow, you are so creative and clever! I love those flowers! And I love that having the petals raised will allow them to catch the light. What a brilliant idea.

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Incredible recycling. I would have thought "too bad I can't use tht cute orange box for anything" and gone on. YOu made amazing flowers. So those who have ring saws should gather plastic to cut up before they change the blade!
    Kathy

Sponsored