Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
astara_gw

Spring Share

astara
13 years ago

So lets do this! Medium flat rate box, filled with goodies : beads, glass, metal, ceramic, keys, whatever you want to share. Leave your information or emailmamanikki76@yahoo.com and I will spread the love! My 5 y.o. is bummed she cant swap with us so I told her she can pull the names out of the hat, that's how I will match everyone. I am excited - if we have the list of everyone who's in by Thur. or Fri. we can mail out soon! I will give it a few days so anyone who wants in will have a chance to see the swap.

Comments (59)

• mzclassic
    13 years ago

Sending my email now...thanks!
    Donna in Florida

• jenel
    13 years ago

Astara, please don't post our addresses publicly. :D

• astara
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sorry I didnt get this posted yesterday. My daughter fainted on concrete and we had to take her to ER to have teeth checked and stitches put in! She is fine now - the fainting had to do w/a virus, so no big emergency there. Anyhoooo

Drum Roll Please -
    mzclassic - silva
    silva - astara
    astara - mindeedee
    mindeedee - glassgypsy
    glassgypsy - oldcraftey
    oldcraftey - Jenel
    jenel - slowmedown
    slowmedown - mzclassic

Did anyone get left out? Let me know then I will send emails to everyone with addresses when I get back from running errands today. Thank you for your patience - and for playing w/me. This will be fun!!!!

• jenel
    13 years ago

This is so fun!!! Thank you so much for coordinating this.

• astara
    Original Author
    13 years ago

You are welcome! I hope everyone is happy - and get inspired. I have never done many abstracts but just digging through all my beads and misc. glass gave me some ideas. My 5yo started filling a board up with random beads I was going through and she has been working on a pretty amazing mosaic! She has taught me a thing or two about letting go and having fun the last 2 days. I will post pics before we grout - she will be done today at the rate she is working!

• texaswild
    13 years ago

When w/you send us the addresses of the ones receiving our boxes? I sent you an email yesterday, giving my address.

• astara
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Did everyone get an email with the address for the person they are sending to? Let me know if I missed anything, and have a great weekend!

• jenel
    13 years ago

I got your email, and my box is ready to go to the post office.

• texaswild
    13 years ago

Got mine too, but haven't even started filling it. I'll dwell on that today.

• silvamae
    13 years ago

My box is ready to go and it is Heavy. Mailing tomorrow (Wednesday). What fun!

• astara
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Just mailed mine today! Looking forward to seeing everyone's loot so make sure to post pics.

• texaswild
    13 years ago

Mailed mine today. Man, that sucker nearly killed my back - how about 18 lbs!!!!!!!!!!?

• wackyweeder
    13 years ago

my gosh Slow! 18 lbs!!! Somebodies got some goodies coming!

• silvamae
    13 years ago

Mailed mine today! It was so heavy I almost couldn't carry it into the post office. This is So Much Fun!

• glassgypsy
    13 years ago

Mailed mine today too!

• aka_strawberrygoat
    13 years ago

cool way to clear out a corner of the house...anyone else late in wishing they had jumped at this chance?
    I only just now saw it...oh, pooooo

Becky

• silvamae
    13 years ago

Christmas in January! Got my box today and I'm having a lovely time picking through everything! Thanks, MZClassic!!

• texaswild
    13 years ago

Pictures please.

• texaswild
    13 years ago

Now I'm really worried - that my box was too heavy and got stuck in the mail - perhaps broken. MZ - you should have received it by now. Please let me know.

• astara
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I am a bit worried to. My package was delivered Thursday according to the post office. MinDeeDee did you get it?

• astara
    Original Author
    13 years ago

YAY! Christmas!!! Silva I cant thank you enough, what a loot! There are some things I have never worked with, and some things that will be perfect for projects I have been thinking about! This Loot also has me thinking of a few thousand questions I could ask all you professionals! WEEEEEE I know what I will be doing the rest of the weekend.

Here is a link that might be useful: pics

• texaswild
    13 years ago

Oh wow - you made a haul. Lots of interesting tess.

• silvamae
    13 years ago

{{!gwi}}

• texaswild
    13 years ago

Another wow - great stuff.

• mzclassic
    13 years ago

Slow I got your box...geez, had to get help to bring it inside! Love all the stuff, will try to get some photos of it.

Thanks again Slow,
    donna

• texaswild
    13 years ago

Phew - I was soooooooooo worried. I can relax now.

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

My box finally went out today.......should arrive at it's destination on Thursday according to postman. Sure hope everything travels well.

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

Well....just got back from mailimg my package out and about 30 minutes later my package from glassgypsy arrived!!! I feel bad now about mailimg mine so late:((
    I had some unique items in my box. THANKS glassgypsy....now I got to get busy and see what I can come up with!

• texaswild
    13 years ago

Janell - your box arrived today. I'm too tired to take a picture - been running all day and just got home a little while ago. Thank you so much - love the small white tiles, and especially those wonderful multi-colored beads. From where do you get those tear drop-shaped beads? Thanks for all the different things - the Barretts, blue tiles, two Christmas ornaments, jewelry and odds/ends. W/try to take pics tomorrow.

• deedeeminn
    13 years ago

FINALLY got my box mailed today!! It was just too cold last week to spend more that a few minutes in my (not well heated) studio! Love living in Minnesota but -40 is not the part I love! Glassgypsy - it is on it way!

• silvamae
    13 years ago

I'd say this exchange was a success! Thanks, astara!

• deedeeminn
    13 years ago

Nikki- I'm so sorry - yes I got it! Love my stash! Thank you! Tell Ella I love the little basket, it will sit on my shelf in my studio! Now..trying to post my pic!

• deedeeminn
    13 years ago

Trying to post pics of my exchange! Bear with me if I don't get this right!

Here is a link that might be useful: exchange

• astara
    Original Author
    13 years ago

@deedeeminn I am glad you got your package and I am so sorry I have been writing your screen name wrong! Any hooo...hope you enjoy the goodies, I hope you can use the beads and little things, I have plenty after working at Rings and Things!

Thank you all for joining in it was really fun, and my first ever exchange over the interwebs! :)

• jenel
    13 years ago

I'm glad you got the box, Slow! I really wanted to include some unusual things because you have amazed me with your ability to incorporate different things into your mosaics. The tear-drop beads are from a bead store. I purchased many "chains," each with multiple colors on them, so that I could get the pink and purple ones for flowers in my current project. The only thing is, they said that they'll fade in the sun unless I spray the mosaic with a sealer that has UV protection in it.

I'll admit, I cheated just a tiny bit. I went to an estate sale, and there were so many fun things, I couldn't resist buying something specifically for this exchange. The Christmas trees came from that estate sale. I thought you'd be able to do something wonderful with them.

• wackyweeder
    13 years ago

Arent these fun? I wasnt able to take part in this one, but I love watching and its so nice to see action on the forum. Glassgypsy I love that greenman face you sent. really cool stuff everyone!

• texaswild
    13 years ago

JENEL: I could tell you had my past projects in mind when you packed my box. It was much appreciated. Haven't had morning coffee yet - w/take a picture today sometime. Thanks again. YES - as WACKY said - it is so nice to see the forum active again - thanks to you ASTARA and all the participants in this exchange. I probably won't get to make a project using some of my loot right away cuz I'm off to PV next week and have tons of work to do b/f leaving.

• texaswild
    13 years ago

Ok - here's a picture of my share box. The bag w/the tear-drop-shaped beads was open, so they and several other small beads are all loose, but I arranged a few on the cloth. There are several little metal thingys - washer type and tiny beads.
    Spring Share Loot

• astara
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ooooo fun slow! I love the barrette w/the masks and the blue and black tiles match one silva sent me! It will be cool to see all the fun stuff people make in the future.

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

I see something amazing coming from those oh sooooooo cool tear drops!! Love the blue tiles and the Christmas trees too. You got a great box of treasures and I know you will have something very creative going the first chance you get!

• glassgypsy
    13 years ago

Oldcrafty glad you got your box. I see that the angels wing broke, sorry should have wrapped it better. I made a garden stake out of my leaf man thingy, then hung moss from it, kinda freaky but neat.

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

Glassgypsy, was wondering what I was gonna do with my face thingy. He would look pretty neat peeking out from the garden. Did you leave him as cement? paint him? or mosaic him? I was afraid I would loose his features if I mosaiced him the standard way. But thought if there was a way to have finely crushed glass and sprinkle on his face that had some type of adhesive to hold it in place somehow and then give it a good sealing . I'm open for suggestions from anyone and everyone. He has a cute, freaky and devilish look. He will certainly be a conversation piece in the garden, guess I will feel like I always have someone keeping an eye on me!!!

• glassgypsy
    13 years ago

My mossy leafman garden stake. I also have some hanging on tress down my drive way.

• glassgypsy
    13 years ago

Oldcrafty, I have painted some. Looks good if you paint them green then shade the edges in a darker or lighter green or even a gold. I like to hide crazy things in my flower gardens or on my tress.

• texaswild
    13 years ago

Oh how clever - great idea.

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

He looks cool. You must have a mold. I have plenty of moss at deer camp, gonna bring some back next trip to the woods. Thanks for sending the pic.....I really like him. He'll be my "Old man of the garden"

• jenel
    13 years ago

WOW! I received my package in the mail on Friday from oldcrafty. Linda, thank you!!! What a fun box to open. Nothing was broken. Look at all the amazing stuff I get to dream about.

My favorite is the lapis lazuli tortoise. I don't know how I'm going to use it, but I'll find a way. Something that will sit out by the pool, I think. The tile around the pool is a deep blue, so the tortoise will look really nice with that.

It's going to be a while, though. After I finish the outdoor shower, I'm going to make a quilt. (Well, I'm going to learn how to quilt, and then I'm going to make a quilt.)

• texaswild
    13 years ago

What a wonderful box full of great treasures.

• astara
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Nice Haul. This has been a fun exchange. I am already working on my 2nd project w/some of the things I got!!!! Cant wait to see how everyone incorporates their stuff. I especially cant wait to see how Dee Dee uses the gemstone doughnuts and the glass pendants I sent! Looks like we all got stones, we should do a challenge using rock to see what everyone comes up with. That will be for another day, Im sure.

• glassgypsy
    13 years ago

deedeemin, I got my box!! Great stuff thank you so much. Will get a picture up soon I hope. I'm having issues with my camera.