Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Orosi Window #2

Posted by emtnest (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 9, 10 at 17:22

OK this one has certainly challenged my cutting skills...totally deflated any ego I might have had...it's so not perfect, but it is what it is...I am going by the seat of my pants on this one... not a plan from here, it will just have to evolve, so any suggestions are welcome. I was thinking rays going out from the circle. What do you think about a white dove? ..and the camera picked up the cross as brown, it's not brown at all, it's a pretty maroonish color. Oh fogot to add that this will be going to a church office in their window.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Orosi Window #2

WHAT, pray tell, is your problem? This is as near perfect as it can BE, girlie. I don't know what upsets you about it, but I absolutely L.O.V.E. it. I'm thinking this one w/be your best one. White dove - oh, YES, and rays - oh, YES - perhaps in gold mirror???? Go, EMT, GO.

o

Oh Slow, you can't see my imperfections... I'm glad about that..here is a dove I got off the net. Haven't done a bird yet... this is a challenge.
Photobucket

o

I'm with Slow. . .I don't see anything wrong with this. And that stand!! Can't wait to see the next update. ~Ann

o

Beautiful work. Would like to see it in the window.

Kat

o

COOL! I think the curring is excellent, can't wait to see your dove

o
whoops

ugh - that should read CUTTING

o

The rays are not glued down yet...do ya'll think they are ok full length? Or, should I make them shorter...I do plan to fill in with the different colors. Will wait for some responses before I glue them down...will put tg inside the circle.(the black marks are just my marker... )Nicethyme, thank you, I'm working on it still..
Photobucket

o

I love it just like that.

o

Or, is this better?
Photobucket

o

Gonna save the dove for another one...making some progress...
Photobucket

o

I love it!

o

that is going to be AWESOME!

o

I LOVE it!!! I'm using all the same glass right now on my latest GOG!!! That is too cool!ha! I'm loving what you are doing! I am doing a crazy quilt kinda thing on the background(squares).

o

Thanks all...Janie..don't you have that camera thing worked out yet? PHOTOS... we need to see what you are doing...

o

OH, that is turning out great. Can't wait until it is done.

o

Finally ready to grout. I used some welbond when I ran out of ge silicone 2... and forgot about it taking forever to dry...very hard to get a good photo today with it raining
Photobucket

o

Ohhh I like it so much! This is gonna be great when grouted! AMEN!

o

This was really a learning process for me. I know of some things I would do differently on the next one.

o

BEAUTIFUL, EMT, really pretty. I LOVE the blue in there.

o

I love it !!! that is so cool!

o

this is sooo pretty, I can't wait to see it grouted

o

What color grout are you gonna use? Are you gonna paint the frame or leave as is? I really like this! I have an idea for a celtic style cross, done thr Rhianna way(wire mesh/concrete) for down in the backyard somewhere...

o

I'm thinking black grout.. and I think I need to seal the frame as little pieces of paint keep flaking off...might need to sand a little too...actually need to do it today...wish the rain would stop for awhile..

o

It is finished... I'm happy with how it turned out...
Photobucket

o

It's funny how the camera honed in on that turquoise piece with what looks like a glob of grout.. it doesn't look that way in real life...blends in..crazy

o

EMT: How absolutey BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Great color combintion , just stunning!!! Love it

o

Yay, the sun finally came out today! There are still some pieces that have welbond that hasn't dried yet... sure hope they dry..have it by fireplace...
Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here