Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
emtnest

Orosi Window #2

emtnest
14 years ago

OK this one has certainly challenged my cutting skills...totally deflated any ego I might have had...it's so not perfect, but it is what it is...I am going by the seat of my pants on this one... not a plan from here, it will just have to evolve, so any suggestions are welcome. I was thinking rays going out from the circle. What do you think about a white dove? ..and the camera picked up the cross as brown, it's not brown at all, it's a pretty maroonish color. Oh fogot to add that this will be going to a church office in their window.

Comments (27)

• texaswild
    14 years ago

WHAT, pray tell, is your problem? This is as near perfect as it can BE, girlie. I don't know what upsets you about it, but I absolutely L.O.V.E. it. I'm thinking this one w/be your best one. White dove - oh, YES, and rays - oh, YES - perhaps in gold mirror???? Go, EMT, GO.

• emtnest
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oh Slow, you can't see my imperfections... I'm glad about that..here is a dove I got off the net. Haven't done a bird yet... this is a challenge.

• gibsona
    14 years ago

I'm with Slow. . .I don't see anything wrong with this. And that stand!! Can't wait to see the next update. ~Ann

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Beautiful work. Would like to see it in the window.

Kat

• nicethyme
    14 years ago

COOL! I think the curring is excellent, can't wait to see your dove

• nicethyme
    14 years ago

ugh - that should read CUTTING

• emtnest
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The rays are not glued down yet...do ya'll think they are ok full length? Or, should I make them shorter...I do plan to fill in with the different colors. Will wait for some responses before I glue them down...will put tg inside the circle.(the black marks are just my marker... )Nicethyme, thank you, I'm working on it still..

• texaswild
    14 years ago

I love it just like that.

• emtnest
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Or, is this better?

• emtnest
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Gonna save the dove for another one...making some progress...

• gibsona
    14 years ago

I love it!

• nicethyme
    14 years ago

that is going to be AWESOME!

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

I LOVE it!!! I'm using all the same glass right now on my latest GOG!!! That is too cool!ha! I'm loving what you are doing! I am doing a crazy quilt kinda thing on the background(squares).

• emtnest
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks all...Janie..don't you have that camera thing worked out yet? PHOTOS... we need to see what you are doing...

• fldirt
    14 years ago

OH, that is turning out great. Can't wait until it is done.

• emtnest
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Finally ready to grout. I used some welbond when I ran out of ge silicone 2... and forgot about it taking forever to dry...very hard to get a good photo today with it raining

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

Ohhh I like it so much! This is gonna be great when grouted! AMEN!

• emtnest
    Original Author
    14 years ago

This was really a learning process for me. I know of some things I would do differently on the next one.

• texaswild
    14 years ago

BEAUTIFUL, EMT, really pretty. I LOVE the blue in there.

• nanatricia
    14 years ago

I love it !!! that is so cool!

• nicethyme
    14 years ago

this is sooo pretty, I can't wait to see it grouted

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

What color grout are you gonna use? Are you gonna paint the frame or leave as is? I really like this! I have an idea for a celtic style cross, done thr Rhianna way(wire mesh/concrete) for down in the backyard somewhere...

• emtnest
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'm thinking black grout.. and I think I need to seal the frame as little pieces of paint keep flaking off...might need to sand a little too...actually need to do it today...wish the rain would stop for awhile..

• emtnest
    Original Author
    14 years ago

It is finished... I'm happy with how it turned out...

• emtnest
    Original Author
    14 years ago

It's funny how the camera honed in on that turquoise piece with what looks like a glob of grout.. it doesn't look that way in real life...blends in..crazy

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

EMT: How absolutey BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Great color combintion , just stunning!!! Love it

• emtnest
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yay, the sun finally came out today! There are still some pieces that have welbond that hasn't dried yet... sure hope they dry..have it by fireplace...

Sponsored