Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladyronnie

SAMA, anyone??

ladyronnie
12 years ago

Hi all. I'm like a long-lost cousin, peeking in from time to time! Hello to all who know me, and to those who don't as well!

Quick question, well, two questions: Are any of you going to the SAMA conference next month in Lexington, KY?

And if you ARE going, do you need a roommate?? I am planning to go and want to split the room cost! I haven't registered for a room yet.

Thanks!

Roni

Comments (12)

• ernie85017, zn 9, phx
    12 years ago

SAMA stands for..?

• texaswild
    12 years ago

Oh you l'il heifer!!! I have missed you so much, and think of you and your Mom often, and wonder if y'all have made anything else from Riana's workshop. That strawberry and angel y'all made were outstanding. Hope you find someone w/whom to share a room - hopefully from here or Flickr. I've never had the urge to go. My only long trip off my Queendom is the annual trek to PV. Soooooo looking forward to seeing CALAM and KLINGER there in February. Wish some of you w/join us. Welcome back, girlie.

• nicethyme
    12 years ago

Hey Ronnie, find Bama on facebook.. she probably knows someone still seeking roommates. I'm not going but there are bunches of ppl going with it being very central this year. I saw where Chickeemama isn't going after all, maybe she had already planned roomies..??? goodluck and HAVE a GREAT TIME

what courses are you going to take?

• nicethyme
    12 years ago

ooh, talk to Cindiloo too

• ladyronnie
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ernie, SAMA stands for Society of American Mosaic Artists. The annual conference is in Lexington KY this year, and I get to go for the first time :) You have until January 6 to register. Their website is at http://www.americanmosaics.org/

Slow Betty Dear!!! I love you and miss you! Mom is doing fine (and Daddy also :) I have made a Riana-style DOG, which I have ALMOST completed, but not quite. If I ever finish him, I'll post him! Mom has talked about making other things, but I don't think she has though I could be mistaken. She has spent several months on a madonna mosaic on glass that is magnificent, just finished a couple of weeks ago.

NT: I have been in contact with both Bama and Cindi on fb, but no luck yet. I'll check with Donna. Thanks for that!

• nicethyme
    12 years ago

hmm bummer, I'll keep my eyes open for anyone posting the need.

• nicethyme
    12 years ago

Hey Ronnie, are you on CMA? they are doing a roll call of SAMA attendance and ppl are posting looking for room mates. If you aren't a member, shoot me an email to info@candaceclough.com

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

LR! Good to hear from you!!! How about posting a wip of this dog?!!! Don't make us BEG!!!!(or roll over....sit...fetch....)

• ladyronnie
    Original Author
    12 years ago

NT: I am on CMA, and I think I HAVE found a roomie through the site. Thanks again!

CALAM: But I'm lazy, and he won't "Come!" when called either. But I'll see what I can do, if you'll promise me a "Treat!" afterwards. (That's how we get our Katy to show up. "Treat!" Works every time. As long as we follow through...)

• nicethyme
    12 years ago

YAY!!!! that's great!

• texaswild
    12 years ago

Great indeed, and YES - wanna see a picture of the dog.

• kiki_thinking
    12 years ago

Just found his forum, i dabble in stained glass mosaic, just wondering if the SAMA conference had the classes posted somewhere? It is actually within a reasonable driving distance for me for a couple days stay. Do they have courses on basic skills like andamento?
    Thanks!

Sponsored