Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
silvamae

Susan Wechsler's work

silvamae
12 years ago

Slowmedown and anyone else interested; check out this mosaic art. I stumbled across it yesterday and wow, some of her shrines are so inspiring.

Here is a link that might be useful: Susan Wechsler's mosaic shrines

Comments (5)

• texaswild
    12 years ago

TELL me about it, SILVA. She is having a workshop in PV, and if I weren't already committed to going to PV to meet up w/KLINGER, CALAM and Riana, I'd take her workshop in a minute. I've watched her videos on the shrines several times, perused her work numerous times. I had seen her pictures on the net ages ago, and was mesmerized. She is one talented artist.

• silvamae
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Right now haciendamosaico is offering a special pricing for her workshop - $1,520, which includes the workshop, room & food! Wish I could go!

• texaswild
    12 years ago

I know, SILVA, I posted info on this last week. SILVA and everyone: If y'all ever go to that wonderful artist retreat, I almost promise you, you'll go back time and time again. It is my favorite place in the world, outside my Queendom. I can't describe to y'all how enjoyable an experience a week there is. You w/come away w/an over-abundance of inspiration and new knowledge. The day after I arrive back home each year, I count the months until my next visit. I guarantee you, it is worth every penny you'll spend on a workshop there. One doesn't even have to take a workshop to enjoy the place. It's the most fabulous B&B I've ever seen.

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

Yup, can't say enough about the Haciendo Mosaico...that place changed my life! This artist is amazing and I wish I could go to her workshop too. Maybe I could learn how to be more perfect...instead of just driven!lol! I Love Slow's shrines BECAUSE they are so fast and 3d-ish!

• silvamae
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I want to jump into a 3D shrine-like mosaic, but alas, this South Austin Music sign is slow going. I have all the white done and am starting on the black background tomorrow so it should start to go faster. I was sick with cedar fever for 27 days. During that time, I couldn't get much done. Stayed in bed most of the time. I have a porcelain soldier that was my toothbrush holder when I was a small child. I dropped it and broke his feet off. I have a porcelain angel (same size) who is also broken. I want to do something cool with them.

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz