Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bamasusanna

Mosaic Magazine!

bamasusanna
16 years ago

I just found out about this new magazine. It's due to be released in Feb. I couldn't find out how to order, so I sent an email to the publisher. I'll let you know what I find out.

I'm looking forward to seeing a magazine for mosaic art.

I've subscribed to Glass Crafters, but a lot of the time, I don't look at half of it. I hope this takes off!

Here is a link that might be useful: Mosaic Magazine

Comments (15)

• mosaicwench1
    16 years ago

Looks interesting - I see an orb (bowling ball, whatever) in the gallery page!

I got this in my email today and thought of most of the folks here:

"All mosaic artists are invited to submit photos for consideration for use in Brit Hammer-Dijcks' forthcoming book titled Mosaic: finding your own voice.
    This is a book for advanced mosaicists as well as beginners who are serious about pursuing mosaic. The book will serve to inspire readers to experiment so that they, too, may find their own style. It will be a book of substance, delving into the principles of design while also covering some of the technical aspects of creating mosaics."

Here is a link that might be useful: Call for mosaic artists

• bamasusanna
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Update! Publisher sent me this link.
    You can purchase from there.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mosaic Magazine

• ladyronnie
    16 years ago

Hey BAMA, thanks for the link. Looks interesting...bummer that it's only an annual though. I'd like a fix a lot more often than that!

• shrty411
    16 years ago

Cool, maybe if there is interest, it'll go monthly or bi-monthly.

I guess BAMA will be a regular on their pages ( she's so famous and all..)

Maria

• ladyronnie
    16 years ago

Yeah, and WE knew her FIRST!

• bamasusanna
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Very funny! I'm thinking about submitting for that book though. That'd be neat!

• shrty411
    16 years ago

DO IT BAMA!! we tease, but your work deserves every bit of recognition!!

Maria

• mosaicwench1
    16 years ago

I'm going to submit for the book, too.

It helps to not take rejection personally (I have stacks of letters and emails of rejection) and don't get your hopes up, but more importantly, don't let fear guide you. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Think of how great it will feel if you get a photo in!

• shrty411
    16 years ago

yeah, go for it,too Wench!!

Maria

• crackpotannie
    16 years ago

I wish there was a regular magazine for mosaics or something like the somerset books....I have every book that comes out I think..but a magazine would be great.

• chickeemama
    16 years ago

I think all of us here should go for that book..what have we got to lose? NOTHING!!! You'll either make it in or not but I am going to enter it too.
    You just dont know what piece will catch their eye, the want all levels...beginner to advanced!!

Bama thank you for the link I have so wanted a mosaic magizine to come out for such a long time.

• gretch1964
    16 years ago

Oh do it Bama. Thanks for the links also. I need to order it.

• mosaicwench1
    16 years ago

Bill Buckingham (Mosaic Rocks) who is producing the magazine is a transplanted Wisconsinite. We've been corresponding for awhile now.

He's a lovely man and it looks like his magazine will be first rate.

You know he produces the CD Mosaic Yearbook annually. Anyone can be included (don't be intimidated) just by going here for details. It's free to enter your work and if you want a copy of the CD it's around $12 if I recall correctly. Great reference and includes all skill levels.

And don't forget his retail site Mosaic Rocks if you want to include rocks or gems in your mosaics. Not cheap, but things one can't find elsewhere.

And no - I don't get anything for this endorsement - just a satisfied customer!

• d3bbi
    16 years ago

OOPS, I just posted the link to this magazine on the other side. I didn't see this post - too much to keep up with. I'm excited to see this publication. I've looked for mosaic magazines and haven't been able to find one so this looks great. I've ordered mine.

• bamasusanna
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yep, I ordered the mag. and the mosaic yearbook cd.
    I'm really excited to see them!!