Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My latest mosaic, done! Outer Space Five

Posted by silvamae (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 28, 14 at 15:22

This is 26" across, on a shallow wooden bowl. Stained glass, vintage costume jewelry, glass beads, iron pyrite, amethyst, pearls, crystals.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My latest mosaic, done! Outer Space Five

Wow! You are taking this theme to new heights. Gorgeous bowl!
Kathy

o

Thank you, Kathy! I'm obsessed with outer space.

o

Oh wow, this is just stunning! You are a true artist and craftsperson.
Becky

o

This is fabulous and must have been a pain in the ass to grout!

o

Haha, yes, thanks Becky and crafty_lady, and yes, it was a pain in the ass to grout. When I grout, I turn into a bee-otch and everybody better steer clear and go find something else to do at the other end of the house! Things this large with different levels and bumps is frustrating, one reason being that you just KNOW you are leaving something beautiful buried under the grout. But it's rewarding in the end.

o

love the flow

o

Another spectacular mosaic!

o

This is very very pretty!

o

Oh MY!! This is gorgeous! I can only imagine how hard it was to grout!

o

Thank you, nicethyme, Ramona, Dodie and oldcrafty. I am now working on four, yep, four, guitars for one lady. Not real guitars, but guitar shapes that I cut out of Wedi board. I have covered them with white thinset and I have to set up the hanging mechanisms before I start the actual mosaic. One will be all blue, one is to give off a Talavera tile vibe, one blue and green, and one dark color abstract. So I am staying busy.

o

This is so bright!!! Luv it!!!

o

FAR OUT… literally… in Space! This is gorgeous! How many hours did it take you to create this showpiece? And, I loved your “warning” about grouting, too. I feel the same way as you do when I grout. I don’t talk, answer phones or the doorbell, or even pause to admire (or critique) my handiwork. It is the step that I dread most (grouting drives me crazy), but it is the step that I’m so anxious to do. Does that make sense? Will be looking for your mosaic guitars' posting! Susan Griebel, Rome City, IN

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here