Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wishdish

I Quit!

wishdish
9 years ago

I've decided not to continue with my mosaic business. Will still make some things for my own fun. But I certainly don't need all the plates and things that I have collected. I'm clearing out! If you are interested in coming and getting it, it's yours! Check the link to my FB page for photos. All in the pics for $30. Some neat stuff. Also have some broken stuff not in photos that you might be interested in. I'm not done going through stuff, but I know for sure this is going. I live in Flower Mound, TX and am home this weekend. contact me thru FB, or I'll check back here in a little while. I hope the link works! Might have to copy and paste https://www.facebook.com/EllenmarieMosaics

Here is a link that might be useful: Ellenmarie Mosaics

Comments (6)

• texaswild
    9 years ago

OMGoodness: What brought you to this decision.? I looked at your stash, and WOW - you DO have tons of wonderful stuff. If I were still mosaicing, I'd drive down to swoop them up, but alas, I'm not mosaicing anymore. My daughter lives in Carrollton - right next door to you, and it w/be a fun drive. The mosaic world w/miss your fabulous talent.

• wishdish
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi SLOW! Nice to see your reply. You are so sweet. You and I have met before, many years ago at a get together a lady had. I can't remember her name (Carol, perhaps). She had a bunch of us over and we worked on our projects. I made a blue and white stepping stone. And I gave you some wooden candle holder thingies that hang on the wall, for your TBM stash. So sorry that you are not mosaicing. Talk about a talent! Anyway, I now have a part time job. That, and having to work in the garage, which always is too cold or too hot for mosaicing comfort, and a general desire to simplify my life - well, it just all made me decide that it was time to move on. Of course, I will keep SOME stuff. I have LOTS of stained glass and little tiles and jewelry blanks that I think I'll keep. But possibly, not for long. Just can't give that stuff away tho. Too much $$ in it. Maybe some ebay sales in future. I dunno. Anyway, I'm hoping someone here sees this post and wants to drive to Flower Mound this weekend. Otherwise, it's going to Christian Community Action for their store, next weekend. Wow, I'm rambling, but I was just so excited to get your reply. Am praying for continued recovery for you....

• texaswild
    9 years ago

I was thinking that we'd met, but wasn't sure. I remember that day well. I dragged my daughter w/me. She did a switchplate - I don't remember what I did, but I never work well in a group. I still have those candle thingys you gave me - hanging on my patio. I wish that if someone drives to your place, they w/stop by here to finish cleaning out my dishes and junk in my garage. I finally got it all cleaned out of my workshop. Thank you for your prayers. I'm walking walking walking to strengthen the muscles in my leg that weren't used for 2 1/2 months - sooooooooo sore.

• nicethyme
    9 years ago

wow, that stash made me drool... I'm sorry that I can't talk you into filling a few USPS boxes for me... I'm sure you'll actually enjoy mosaic for yourself much more without the stress

• wishdish
    Original Author
    9 years ago

nicethyme, i might have some already broken stuff. i also have some stained glass scraps. after i get through it, and pick out the little bit I want to keep, i"ll let you know, and maybe you'll be interested in some of it.

• nicethyme
    9 years ago

Wish, I might take you up on that!

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022