Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wackyweeder

Cathedral Window Egg

wackyweeder
13 years ago

I made the egg for an exchange on another forum. It done on an egg gourd an is about 4 inches high. I made the stand from polymer clay.

Comments (13)

• astara
    13 years ago

That is really beautiful! What other forum are you on?

• wackyweeder
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I sent you an email with the info. I just now noticed you cant email other members from their page anymore. :(

• texaswild
    13 years ago

How clever of you. Didn't know you worked in polymer clay - it's BEAUTIFUL. Love the colors in this.

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

I just love all the new ideas everyone shares on this forum. Your eggs are so lovely. Would make great Easter gifts as Easter will be here sooooooon! Would that work on a plastic egg or does the basic form need to be heavier?

• wackyweeder
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I have done a large plastic egg-you see them at easter time sold for yard decorations...heres a pic-

Its about 12 inches tall I guess, thats a foot from a teacup on it. I did nothing special to prep the plastic. If the plastic was very flexible you could fill it with expanding foam. I did that with the gourd just as insurance.
    You could also use rigid wrap, which is a plaster impregnated bandage that dries hard on the surface. The hardest part was getting it to hold still, when I was working on one side it was heavy and wanted to lean to that side.

• glassgypsy
    13 years ago

Those are so pretty! I never thought about doing an egg.

• texaswild
    13 years ago

Ooooooooooo WACKY: I just LOVE LOVE LOVE the teapot. I used to decorate real eggshells w/beads and trim - I w/cut out a little hole and put a teensy something inside. Did them for Christmas ornaments and Easter too. Does anyone remember when we wrapped balloons that were egg-shaped w/yarn or cord round and round and round then startched them, cut out the hole and put the Easter scen inside? Did one of those too. I had a couple plastic eggs but dang it - when I cleaned out the garage in the spring, I gave them away!!!!!!!! Broke my own rule of not tossing out anything. Why do I go on like this. Shut me up.

• wackyweeder
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hahah-I remember. I used to love the little sugar dioramas too.
    I hate that piece up there, btw. I have it securely hidden in a box in the garage. Pique is just not my thing. I made the spout out of polymer clay because I couldnt find one I liked.
    I do love eggs tho-my mother had a thing for eggs of all sorts and had them everywhere, I think thats where I get it.

• texaswild
    13 years ago

WOW WACKY - w/love to see more of your clay projects. That spout is perfectly made.

• wackyweeder
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I dont really do mch clay slow. I see it as a part of mosaics, LOL-I mold the occasional button or something to make tess, use it to make something I couldnt have otherwise for mosaics. I like to use it sometimes as a border to a piece like a pendant or something.I used it once on some ATC cards for a back ground because I knew it wold be a bear to fill on a 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inch substrate.

Here is an example of using it as a border

• phish_gw
    13 years ago

I'm always looking for more. And I love your egg!

• texaswild
    13 years ago

Beautiful work, WACKY. Love the idea of the background for the ATC, and the border.

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Very pretty eggs. I love the use of the base from a teapot.
    Kathy

Sponsored
Carl Williamson Designs, LLC
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Nationally Acclaimed Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz