Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldcrafty

stone cross

oldcrafty
10 years ago

{{gwi:130317}}

This is what my hubby gave me for Christmas. Boy was I surprised! I love it. It is a slab of stone, the yard stick is to give a visual as to how big it is. The cross is actually cut out and you can see thru it. The white is poster board I have cut out for a pattern. The stone is about 1 1/2 inches thick. It will go in my front flower bed, as you can see thru the cross you would be looking at my house UGH. I have seen them at other folks houses and don't necessarily like to see whats happening behind the cross as in house or schrubs! So my thoughts are to cut out a plexiglass cross and do a GOG mosaic with transparent glass. I have purchased red, blue, green and amber with a squiggly design. In my mind, I can visualize light filtering from the back thru the stained glass when I put a solar spot light behind it for night and just be pretty with the stain glass by day. My thoughts are to get the plexiglass to fit as snuggly as possible and then caulk it in place. Is this a do-able project????? or am I just dreaming. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated as I have never done anything like this before. I was thinking weldbond or outdoor lock-tite for the glue or does anyone have a better suggestion? ANY ideas or thoughts would be great.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville