Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden Faery

Posted by calamity_j (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 15, 11 at 13:08

Been working on a garden faerey, she was a statue that screamed to be made into a faerey! So I used wedi board and created some wings and attached them to her with a cement plug compound. Still working on her, have had some camera issues and also photobucket issues so bear with me....
http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh38/calamity-j/
Also redoing some free gnomes I got, for a Gnome Garden. Will make a nice pedastal for the Faerey too!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden Faery

It's about danged time you showed up around here!!!!!!!!!!! Been wondering what you are up to. I remember that statue pre-wings. You did a fabulous job on her. PLEASE don't stay away so long. What is KLINGER up to? Hey - I'm going to PV just to mosaic and hang out during the week of Riana's workshop. Couldn't find a workshop that interested me, so I'm gonna mosaic a lady w/the hat planter she left a couple yrs ago. Wish y'all could come join me. This may be my last trip to paradise.

o

That is a gorgeous faery Jane! and I bet the gnome garden will be a hoot. Slow is right-you need to show up here more often!

o

WOW - she is gorgeous! Good to see your wonderful work again!

o

Thanks Everyone!This is a pic of her before her transformation...which is still in progress...
her wings are wedi board with colored mirror and some fused glass nuggets I made during a fusing class I took with Klinger/Cindy, and her dress is a nice irridescent black glass that the pics just don't do justice to, I'll be taking some better pics as I go...

Here is a link that might be useful: Before

o

Yes it is good to see you!!! I love your Fairy She is great !!

o

Your faery sure made a big transformation.......I sure do like her new image!!

o

Really nice fairy, and sexy. Lots of children will pass by?
Kidding!
Love the wings!
CALIN

o

she is soooo beautiful! The wings are amazing. I just got some wedi board at a tile place. Gonna make a house number sign as soon as I figure out where and how we will hang it.
Kathy

o
oh, Jjjjaaaaaannnnneeeeeee

I haven't been in here very much but I still wonder what you're up to, too...

and guess what?
I've met someone new.
he's all about things to do with the beach and water..the kind of guy that I've been wishing, praying and dreaming about.
I haven't met him in person yet but all phone talks have led me to believe he could be a match made in as close to heaven as I know it.

and.................guess where he lives?
Port Angeles~
he says he gets on the walk on ferry and makes many trips to the island!!!
he's already invited me to do such a day/two/three day jaunt.
I do believe the days are getting shorter and shorter, before I get to FINALLY meet you two girls up there..
how 'bout that????
so looking forward to beachcombing, to gather sea glass/shells, rocks and other finds for a mosaic and getting to that coffee shop with the blues and reds for house paint and oddities in the yard...

oh yeah!

o

WHOOHOO!!! Hope you come soon!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here