Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meadel2

Vanishing point

meadel
15 years ago

I started this yesterday for a "vanishing point" challenge. (due on 1/15)

The Light at the end of the tunnel (sometimes is an oncoming train!)

:

The tiles are polymer clay. I had to paint the inside to give my addled brain some idea of what I was doing. I will probably add some stained glass. No real planning I am just making it up as I go along.

Todays progress: ( grouted the pc tiles)

Comments (28)

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

you are sooo freaking amazing!

• meadel
    Original Author
    15 years ago

NT !!! The more I look at it .. the more It reminds me of a pizza oven ! hahahahahaha

• becky_ia
    15 years ago

This is WAY TOO COOL...AMAZING work. I wish I had the foresight to do something like this. You are one brave soul!

becky

(Does not look like a pizza oven!)

• katishooked
    15 years ago

Totally blew me away.

• aka_strawberrygoat
    15 years ago

it's very impressive, for sure...
    I didn't think pizza, but I sure did get a feeling of trains in either Germany or Switzerland...tho I haven't been to either...only tv and magazines.

darned great, for just winging it! or any other way, too....

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

I think you've captured the theme of the challenge very nicely.....you really are freakishly creative, LOL!!...and that's a GOOD thing!

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

I agree. I love Vanishing point, and the only resemblance I see to a pizza is if you are really really hungry and like to eat glass. LOL.. No it is amazing and I can't wait to see your progress.

just getting back to check out GW again Christmas house guest that started to smell left. I was really hoping they would take a hint from your title. ROFL

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

best pizza I ever had was from a brick grill! yum!... but this looks way tooo big to make into a grill, unless its a TRAIN sized pizza! LOL

got more pics yet?

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Stunning! What is your substrate and how large is it

• fiddlekate
    15 years ago

Lori... this is going to be so awesome!
    I'm looking forward to the next picture!

• meadel
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you everyone for the encouragement and complements !
    I haven't touched it since the posting of those pictures. I work 12hr shifts and just had a bunch of them. I only have till Thursday to finish and here I sit procrastinating.
    I am still not sure if I want to put more clay tiles for the inside or cut some black glass. The angle thing really is difficult for me.
    @Texasfern, it's 12 x 12 on Wedi board.

I'm going to my room now to ponder. Pics for sure by Thursday : )

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

Go Lori Go!!!!!

• meadel
    Original Author
    15 years ago

!!! lol NT!!!
    I decided to go w/black glass..
    It's a hot mess, but " it is what it is " !
    I'm cross eyed now..I hate angles.I hate math.
    Wahhhh !

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

pppffbbbbtttt I don't even try to measure and do real math, I trust my eyes to decide if something looks good (why do you think my vainishing point is hidden in front of the truck!!!) LOL and I know what you are working on will be great!

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

I just am in awe you two!!! M & NT!! I Gotta get my butt in gear and MAKE something!!!! I am so inspired by these two pcs!!!

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

Oh Janey, you should join - its over at Flickr, run by Millimomo (she's posted here before) Its great because while I'm not real competitive, it spurs me into a project by planting the seed of an idea... theres always several challenges at anytime so its very motivating.

Here is a link that might be useful: mosaic challenge group

• meadel
    Original Author
    15 years ago

GMTA ! I sent her an invitation this morning too !
    I need to be motivated to produce something !
    ( resting my eyes.. almost done with tunnel..cutting black glass can be a real
    eye strain.)
    Ok.. back to work !!

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

OH goody!!!!! pictures soon hey?

• meadel
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Almost done.. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel !

• nicethyme
    15 years ago
  • Calamity_J
    15 years ago

Hee Hee!!!!

• meadel
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Now I can finally get the song " Take the last train to Clarksville" and all the other train songs outa my head.

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

Its completely gorgeous! do you hear an echoe when you talk near it?

• meadel
    Original Author
    15 years ago

LoL lol lol

Thank you you you you you !!

• fiddlekate
    15 years ago

Oh.... this is AMAZING! It's can't be flat! It just can't! I can see the light... see the walls and the rails.... it's GOT to be a 3-D picture!!!
    Just wonderful, Lori!

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

I had to get the real effect by moving away from the computer screen and WOW!!! It is like looking at a camera taken picture of a railway tunnel!!! AMAZING!!! I love the tracks too! But the bricks are my fav...I LOVE bricks(Weirdo eh?!) I just Love it!!! Thanks for the link gals!

• bearbubbacowboy
    15 years ago

Your work is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! Catherine

• texaswild
    15 years ago

While I was AWOL, I did a little reading now and then, and this piece, plus NT's "Old Beater" were the ones I watched. I have no words to describe my awestruck ness - see I told you I'm word challenged - on this wonderful work of art. This is mind-bogglingly out of sight. I sooooo w/love to see this piece in person. You and NT have captured the vanishing point in art beautifully.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio