Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mosaic Portrait Class

Posted by rchovey (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 21, 09 at 12:34

I attended a mosaic portraiture class this past weekend and I wanted to share the experience with ya'll. It was SO EXCITING!!! Taught by Carol Shelkin. She is an awesome teacher. If you ever get a chance to take one of her classes, please do! You will not regret it. There are lots of photos of the projects and the class on Flickr. My husband was my subject. It is almost completed, still have to grout and figure out how I want to frame it.

Mosaic Portrait Work In Progress

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mosaic Portrait Class

Here is a link to more pictures:

Here is a link that might be useful: Portrait Intensive Class

o

This is so amazing ! SO lifelike !
WOW ~

o

WOW!!! That sounds like a TON O FUN!!! Good job on the DH pic! Love how you learn how to shade and stuff! It makes all the difference! I love spending time on courses like that, where you all are on the same vulcan mind meld!LOL!

o

Wow, looks like you had a wonderful time. Also it was cool to see a few familiar faces. Where was this class? I've never done a portrait but it looks very intriguing. Did you just blow up a pic and then trace it on a board of some sort?
Cindy

o

WOW! This is such a great portrait! Love the bg!

o
Grouted and Framed

Here it is finished, I hope to make time to start another one soon, before I forget what I learned in the class.

Photobucket

o

How awesome! I was just thinking how I would like to learn to do this so I could do one of my late granddaughter and my rottie.
I will have to look for classes here.

o

I just spoke to Carol. She lives fairly close to me and I am looking forward to a class with her this summer.

o

Thats amazing work, you really did a great job Rchovey! that class looked great, wished I could have swung it.

Are you showing this at the gallery too?

o
Bumped for Slow....

Wanted you to see the finished portrait of my DH... this was such a fun class! I'm so glad I was able to take it.

o

I so admire this kind of talent. Wish I didn't have so many things first in line, cuz I'd love to do the sunset in my album from last year's PV trip. You really are good at this, RCHOVEY. Congrats.

o

This really turned out fantastic rchovey. what was your favorite part of the class?? I would have loved to attend, maybe some day

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here