Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Stain Glass Pieces

Posted by ringaroundtherosie (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 31, 14 at 10:52

Hello Everyone, I posted earlier on this site about my 4-H club making mosaic ornaments for our local hospital and Meals-on-wheels as a tray favor with their Christmas meal. We finished 113 of them done!!! Now, we are on to another community service project and need more stained glass pieces. We are going to create mosaic artwork to hang in our local library. Is there anyone out there willing to send me scraps of stained glass? Any amount would be greatly appreciated. Please e-mail me if you are interested in helping these kids with a worthwhile project. My e-mail is gwece@wecefarms.com Thank you very much, Rosie Wece

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Need Stain Glass Pieces

I forgot to thank Silva Hayes for the glass pieces we used to complete the 113 mosaic ornaments. THANK YOU, Silva! Our community service project would not have been completed without your generosity. Rosie Wece

o
RE: Need Stain Glass Pieces

You are most welcome. I'll get another box together this week.

o

Rosie, I have a hundred excuses which I won't bore everybody with -- but I have been so busy and scattered this month -- and I finally got a small box in the mail today. You should have it Monday.

o

Old dvds can be cut in half then split into two layers and then the pretty side cut up into shards". They are beautiful!
I guess you can also use cd's but a friend of mine is and says because they are only one layer its really hard to cut thems so you have to boile them first.
Sorry I don't have much glass being more of a broken dish person with the exception of one recent tile project.
Good luck with your wonderful projects.
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here